Late nights

Poison Tree - Grouper

Hudson Jones was ecstatic, he had just gotten his long time crushes number and successfully befriend her.

He was on the bus back to his home after being at the cafe, it was great because everyone seemed to like her. Especially Valery, she had been wanting another girl in the group for what's felt like forever.

All he could think about was Chloe, every second of they day.

Chloe was at home finishing off the last of her homework. She had to do it the day it was given or she would get really stressed. She had completely forgotten about Riley and her friends, instead she was thinking of her new friends. Valery was very welcoming, Brent was kind and Hudson was just perfect. They added her to the group chat and everything. Valery had even texted her asking if she wanted to go to the mall.

Chloe of course said yes. She was going tomorrow at 4pm straight after her shift.

She had just finished her homework when she got a text.

Hudson: How do you think you went on the test?

Chloe: Horrible.

Hudson: I bet you did great.

She smiled at his text and put her phone away. Just as she put her phone away she heard a knock at her bedroom door.

"Hi honey" Chloe's mother said. Chloe loved her mother of course but her parents were very strict.

"Hi mom." She smiled.

"You look so pretty." Her mom said letting a tear slip.

"What's wrong?" Chloe questioned concerned.

"Nothing's wrong, I just realized I have never told you how proud I am of you." Her mum said kissing her forehead.

"Thanks mum." Chloe thanked wanting to cry.

"I know its bad timing but can I go to the mall tomorrow after work?"

"With Riley?"

"No we're not exactly friends anymore." Chloe said awkwardly.

"Oh, who are going with?"

"My friend Valery, she's super sweet."

"Okay then." Her mother agreed stepping up and walking out the door.

"There's some dinner if you like." She added closing the door.

Things were perfect for Chloe. She finally had some nice friends, caring parents, amazing grades and she was happy really happy.

She left her room and grabbed her dinner, she saw he left parents eating in the dining room, so she decided to join them.

"See honey, she's not too old to be eating with her parents!" Her dad exclaimed.

"You sure you're not busy with your friends maybe a boyfriend?" Her mom teased.

"I don't have a boyfriend mom!" Chloe defended.

"Not even a guy you like?" Her father questioned.

"Definitely not!" She defended.

"You're biting the inside of your cheek, You're lying!" Her mother exclaimed.

"What I swear I'm not!" How did everyone know she did that. And anyways she never even thought of herself as having a crush.

"Stop teasing her love, she'll open up some day." Her father winked at her.

"You guys gossip more than the girls in my grade!" Chloe joked.

They were one big happy family for once. And Chloe couldn't have been more appreciative.

Later that night when Chloe was about to go to sleep she had gotten another text from the group chat.

Valery: Hudson are you going to come to the mall with us??

Hudson: Probably not.

Valery: Chloe's going

Hudson: What time?

She smiled at the text. She thought he was joking about wanting to go after he found at Chloe was going.

She turned off her phone and tried going to sleep but she couldn't stop thinking about Hudson.