Lost appetite

She's Electric - Oasis

Chloe Hudson had finally left school, Wednesdays were always the worst. She began her walk home. As she was walking she put on her headphones and started listening to music. She enjoyed the peaceful walks, they were sort of comforting. Like when she was stressed or restless in a class she just reminded herself the walk home would come eventually. She reminded herself of this multiple times today. Not just in class, with her friends.

She didn't want home to come, she had science homework and an exam to worry about. Her walk home it was an excuse to not have to do her work immediately, the moment she got home there was no excuse.

As she reached her home she stepped up the beige brick steps and unlocked her front door. She didn't bother checking if anyone was home so she just walked into her house. She went straight for her room and closed the door.

She sat down at her desk, she just sat for a minute. She had to finish all her work or the stress will consume her entirely. She got out her science homework and began working.

While she was working she heard her front door open and loud footsteps. Then a knock at her door.

"Come in." She answered not once looking up from her work.

"Hi Chloe, me and your dad are going out for dinner tonight so here $20 for pizza." Chloe's mother said handing her a $20 note.

"Okay, thanks." She said still absorbed in her work.

Her mother had left her room and soon after she heard her garage door open meaning her parents had left already.

The moment they left she called the pizza place and ordered some food.

Then she began working on her math studies. Which lasted until the food arrived.

When she got the food she sat at her dining table. No lights were on just her room light that reflected out into her dining room. The air was cold and she ate. It was sort of sad, in a comforting way, eating alone. Comforting to Chloe at least, she often ate alone.

Just as she got done with her first piece she got a call from someone. She quickly ran to her room making sure to wipe her hands free of any grease.

"Hello?" Chloe answered.

"Hey Chlo!" Riley's voice was heard.

"Oh hi." She replied.

"So you know how Hudson is like realllyyyy close with you?" Riley said emphasizing the really.

"Um- we're not really that close." Chloe clarified.

"Anyways, I was thinking about what u said."

"What did I say?" Chloe questioned.

"You know? When I said he was looking at you and you said he was actually looking at me!" She stated like it was the most obvious thing.

"Oh."

"So yeah I was thinking and he's like really cute, so if you could you know try to bring us together I would literally love you forever! Pleaseee!" She said emphasizing her please.

"Oh um- yeah, sure, its whatever."

"You're the best! Anyways me and Amber are going out so bye!"

"Wait where are you and Amb-" Chloe started but she got cut off when Riley ended the call.

Just as Chloe began to let herself like someone she had to give it away. And her best friend had suddenly replaced her with someone else.

Why did they not invite me Chloe thought. It hurt her knowing how the only reason she called was because she wanted something. And even worse, that something Chloe herself also wanted. There was nothing she could do now so she just continued studying leaving her abandoned pizza on her dining room table.

She lost her appetite anyways.