I Would Love To

Lover - Taylor Swift

Hudson Jones was prepared to ask Chloe out. He was going to do it. There was a carnival going on by his home on Friday night, and he knew it was the perfect place to take her. He wasn't sure if she liked rides but he knew she'd love watching all the carnival games and eat all the different foods.

He was getting ready on a Monday morning, he was going to ask her out today and his only wish was for her to say yes. He started off by washing his hair, washing his entire body three times, wearing his expensive cologne, he picked out his favorite hoddie, all he needed was a yes from Chloe.

As he started walking to school he felt very nervous. Today meant more to him then anything. He could feel himself to slowly get more and more anxious. His heart felt like it was going to jump out of his chest or escape via his throat. His hands started to get sweaty and his mouth dry.

He knew Chloe got to school early, she usually sat outside doing what looked like studying. She had an intense fear of failure so she was often studying.

There she sat on the steps right in front of the steps, her head trapped in a book. She looked so focus, it was like she didn't care for anything but the printed words on her page.

He began admiring her, he quickly stopped when he saw her look up her eyes placing exactly in his. She smiled in return which was quickly reciprocated by Hudson. She tapped the ground next to her signaling Hudson to sit with her.

Hudson walked over to her, sitting down slowly.

"Hi!" Chloe greeted. She was happy Hudson was here, she really enjoyed his company.

"Hi Chloe!" Hudson replied matching her excitement.

"Why are you here so early?" Chloe questioned.

"I just felt like getting out of the house." Hudson lied.

"Why?" Chloe questioned, she was very curious about Hudson, she wanted to know everything about him.

"I just wanted fresh air." He added, he wanted to say, "I wanted to see you." Because that was the truth.

Chloe nodded in reply.

"Why are you here so early?" Hudson asked.

"I like walking to school when its still cold in the morning." Chloe commented.

The two sat there, Hudson almost forgot completely to ask her out, strangely enough he wasn't nervous anymore. That was until he prepared himself to ask the question.

"Hey so, um-" Hudson started, immediately regretting it.

"Yes?" Chloe replied softly, listening intently to Hudson's words.

"So there's this like carnival, festival thing going on on Friday." Hudson said.

"Oh cool." Chloe replied. Was he asking her if he should take another girl there. She immediately frowned at the thought.

"Did you want to come with me?" Hudson asked, he felt like years had gone by before she replied, he began to be over aware of the itch on his face or the wind on his cheek.

"Oh, with like the group?" Was he asking her on a date, no that would've been too good to be true she thought.

"Oh, well I was thinking just us, but i totally understand if you don't feel comfortable with that I could definitely invite every-" He started flustered, it wasn't suppose to happen like this.

"No! No! I would love to go on a date with you! " She quickly clarified.

"Oh okay, I can pick you up, it's Friday night?" Hudson said. Hid heart was overtaken by joy and he could not be more happy she agreed.

"Yeah." She said smiling looking straight into his eyes.

It was like time had stopped for a split second, just the two of them there.