New Friends

Rises The Moon - Liana Flores

Chloe Monet was on her walk back from school. Second lunch Riley completely ignored her so she ended up just sitting in the library. She understood why Riley may have been angry but it wasn't exactly her fault, Hudson was the one who went with her.

She was deep in thought when she heard her phone start ringing.

"Hello?" She answered.

"What the fuck Chloe!" Riley's voice yelled into the speakers of her phone.

"What?" Chloe question, walking up the steps to her house.

"You said you'd help me get with Hudson then I watch you flirt with him the entire lunch!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think he'd follow." Chloe was exhausted, being Riley's friend was so draining.

"That doesn't mean you should flirt with him!"

"I wasn't." Chloe just wanted to be left alone, not yelled at.

"If you didn't make him follow you, I could be calling him and not you right now. Do you have any idea what you've done!" She lectured.

"Hey! You made me sit somewhere else! You're the one who always leave me out! You're the one who did this Riley." Chloe yelled, she had enough of this.

"I hope you know he just feels bad for you! Oh and don't try to sit with me on Monday." She added ending call.

Chloe sat down in her living room. Right now she had no friends, unless you want to include Hudson. She had just did a math exam she completely flopped, and mountains of homework to do. She really needed someone, anyone.

Chloe decided to take a walk, to clear her head. She got changed into more comfortable clothes and made her way outside. She decided to walk to the café, she could get some hot tea to de-stress.

As she arrived she saw Hudson, Brent and a girl she didn't recognize. She always saw her sitting with them at lunch but she's never really met her. The tables were dark brown, next to a window that reflected the grey skies and the warm lighting made Hudson illuminate.

"Chloe!" Hudson greeted with a smile.

"Oh hi." Chloe weakly smiled back, Hudson could tell the smile was sad.

"Come sit." 

"Oh no, I don't want to intrude." Chloe said.

"Chloe you know it would be more of a bother if you didn't sit with us."

Chloe sighed in reply, ordering her drink from the kind barista she sat down next to Hudson, the smell of his cologne and the warmth radiating from his body made her breath stop.

"Hi Hudson." She greeted.

"Hi Chloe." He smiled, he moved over the slightest bit to give Chloe more room but she felt disappointed, she liked having him close to her.

"Hi! I'm Valery, Brents girlfriend" The unfamiliar girl warmly smiled.

"Hi" She smiled back. Valery seemed really nice. She had auburn hair that reached her lower back and her smile was so big and bright it was like a moon in a sky full of stars.

"Hey." Brent smiled at her. Chloe and Brent were always half friends not close but a smile and wave occasionally.

"You are so pretty, I can totally see what Hudson's been saying about you." Valery said.

Hudson coughed causing Valery to laugh.

"Thank you, you're really pretty too." Chloe said. Maybe she could make new friends.

"How do you get your hair to sit so prefectly." Valery questioned, her hands reaching to her hair to comb through it.

"Oh it's just like that."

"I would die for wavy hair."

Chloe laughed in reply.

"So why are you in the café?" Asked Hudson as Valery and Brent started talking.

"Oh I just wanted fresh air." Chloe answered remembering the what caused her to be upset.

"I know you're lying." Hudson said to her.

"What." Chloe stunned. Time seemed to stop when he looked into her eyes.

"You bite the inside of your cheek when you lie."

"Oh." Chloe didn't even know she did that.

"What's the real reason?" He questioned.

"Riley unfriended me." Chloe would never tell her personal issues to people she barely knows but something about Hudson seemed so trusting.

"It's okay you can be our friends." He smiled.

"I don't want to intrude." I denied.

"Hey guys! How do you feel about Chloe sitting with us on Monday?" Hudson said to the rest of the group surprising Chloe.

"Oh my god! Yes! I would die for another girl in the group." Valery exclaimed.

"I don't mind." Brent agreed.

"See?" Hudson said to Chloe, who was stunned by their support.

"Okay." She agreed.

"Give me your number I'll add you to our group chat." Hudson asked.

"Oh I'll type it in your phone."

After she left the cafe Chloe could not stop smiling, she had never been so welcomed before. And her new friends seemed really nice, especially Valery who was the literal definition of sunshine.

Maybe things aren't so bad for Chloe.