Chapter Seven - Arabian Nights (Part 2)

A thousand thoughts swirled in my head, making me dizzy. What was he doing here? Was he looking for me? Was he stalking me? Why did he care who was I with? Was he jealous? And why the hell did that made me all giddy?

I stared into his hypnotic dark eyes, not finding any answers there, but sure that he could be an excellent snake charmer. Maybe he could help me find Pete.

He raised his eyebrows in impatience and I had a hard time remembering his question. Why did he have to stand so close? It wasn't fair that he was so attractive. I tried to clear the fog from my head. "What are you doing here?"

"Don't worry about that. I asked you a question and I expect an answer. What do you think you're doing with Jones?"

Yep, he was definitely jealous. "Look, Rob, you're a great guy and what we had was great-"

"Great?" He sneered at me.

"Okay, it was more than great - it was amazing. The best night of my life to be honest, but that's all it was. Just a night. I'm really not looking for a relationship. I'm not playing hard to catch, so you should really stop this."

He stared at me as I imagined he gathered his thoughts. I tried to calm down my breathing, but it was hard since every time I took a breath his intoxicating smell hit me. "You didn't answer my question."

I sighed in frustration that he wasn't getting me. "That's none of your business."

He narrowed his eyes and leaned closer, just inches away from my face. I could almost feel his breath on my lips. "Stay away from Jones and his friends, they're no good."

I tried to play it cool as I rolled my eyes. That didn't do me much good, except that it pissed him off. He clenched his jaw and grabbed my chin, making sure he had my attention. "I'm serious, you need to stay away from Sean. You have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

He was talking in codes, making me even more confused. But, one thing was clear - he was warning me off Sean. Why? I had no idea. But, Sean had done the same.

"Funny, Sean said the same about you."

Something flashed in his eyes, but it was gone before I could figure out what. "Did he, now?"

"What did he tell you?" he asked in a seemingly nonchalant tone as he released my chin and put his hand back on my forearm.

"He said that you're involved in some heavy shit and that you're not the kind of guy I want to mess around with." I bit my lip, wondering if I should say more. My lips got his attention, making my heart skip a bit and I blurted out more, trying to distract him. "He said that you're dangerous."

Rob nodded, not looking really surprised or upset. "And what did you tell him?"

I frowned a little, something weird about that question. What could I tell Sean to that? "Nothing."

He released my forearm from his grip and trailed his fingers down my arm. "Did you believe him?"

I was having a hard time breathing, let alone thinking. His hand made its way to my hip and stopped there, but his thumb found bare skin just above my jeans and below my corset and he started to caress my skin. I swallowed, doing my best to ignore how he made me hot and bothered with such a simple touch. I tried to give him the best possible answer to that question. "I didn't ignore the warning."

He seemed satisfied as a small smile graced his lips. "Good."

The other hand, that was also resting on my forearm, moved and this time he traced his fingers up. Over my bare shoulder, across my neck, slowly, teasingly, until he gripped the back of my neck. "What else did he ask about me?"