Chapter Six - Hangover

I couldn't believe it. It was really him.

His eyes were wide as he recognized me too, and even though I was certain that it was him, I still whispered his name in disbelief. "Boris?"

The previous easygoing and fun atmosphere was now thick and uncomfortable. We stood frozen in our spots, the awkwardness hanging in the air.

"Woo, shake that thing!" Louise slapped his butt and snapped both of us back to reality.

"Louise," I hissed, "sit down!"

For the first time this evening I felt embarrassed, and judging by his red cheeks so was Boris. He backed away, going over to the farthest screaming girls from us.

"You know that guy?" Tanya asked me as I plopped down into my seat.

I grabbed a shot from the table and downed it. "Yeah, he works for Vasili's crew."

"He's a gang member?" she gasped, taking a seat next to me. Q was trying to make Louise sit.

"What?" I frowned. "No, he's one of Vasili's construction workers."

Tanya nodded as she watched Boris like a hawk as he danced. "He's hot. You think you can hook me up?"

I shrugged. My mind empty. I was pretty sure I had killed all my brain cells tonight. "Sure."

Tanya glanced at Q. "You don't think he's gay, do you?"

"I don't think I'm the right person to ask. Until a few hours ago I didn't even know I was gay."

"But you had suspicions. Do you suspect him to be gay?"

"I would say no."

"Okay, then," she turned back to me, satisfied with his judgment. "You can hook me up, but if he turns out to be gay this is all your fault."

I rolled my eyes. "You're welcome."

***

The morning came too fast. The Sun was unforgivable and totally insensitive to my hangover as it shined brightly through the windows of my trailer. My eyes were hurting, sensitive to light and I covered them with my hand. I tried to stay as still as possible, propped up against the pillows in a half sitting position on my bed, out of fear of causing dizziness or, worse, nausea. I took little comfort in the fact that I wasn't suffering alone.

Louise was on her knees, throwing up in the bathroom. Q, spread out on the driving seat with his legs on the passenger seat, was defying laws of science as he snored so loudly he was breaking the sound barrier. Tanya was curled into a ball next to me, moaning as she clutched her head in pain. "Make him stop."

I made some inarticulate sound and glanced around me. I grabbed Louise's snapback and handed it to Tanya. She threw it across the room and hit Q's chest.

He made no move.

Without thinking, I handed her a wristwatch and she chucked it at Q, hitting him in the head. He sprung from his chair, hit his head on the ceiling, as he was too tall for my trailer, and fell back into his seat.

He rubbed his head and gave us a shocked look. Tanya shrugged. "You were snoring."

He nodded as if hitting him in the head with a heavy watch was completely normal, and once again I felt sorry for the guy - imagining Tanya's rough wake-up calls. He picked up the snapback from the floor and covered his face with it, leaning back into his chair.

"Those pink cocktails are the bitch," Louise muttered, getting out of the bathroom and plopping down into a passenger seat. Both driving and passenger seats were rotating chairs and were now facing me and Tanya.