Chapter 12 | Charity

I couldn't lie, the navy satin silk dress Maria bought me was stunning

I couldn't lie, the navy satin silk dress Maria bought me was stunning. The way it looked in the mirror on me gave me such confidence. I was nervous for tonight, I wasn't one for crowds.

The dress reminded me of a memory I had of my mother. Though we don't look the same in it, I remember similarities in this dress. Though hers was much more design than mine.

She would wear it on a date night out with my father. When I was younger every Thursday the two of them would go out to eat. My mom would get all pretty and dressed up for a night that would ironically end in disaster, like it always did.

They'd come home hammered just around 11 o'clock fighting over how a guy simply looked at my mother. But that signature Navy dress of hers was one I'd remembered. Though I felt far from her tonight, never do I ever really feel like her.

"Mummy!" She shouts as she bumbled into the room, I smiled as I turned to her

Grayson stepped in after her "She wanted to see your final product and got ahead of herself" Joely smiled at me as I held the perfume "Do you want some?" She nods rapidly and I spray the tiniest amount on her wrist

"Do you have to goes mummy?" She pouts as she stares at me

Almost as she could give into a cry "Well I have to help Theo out baby" I kissed her cheek "mummy will be home to snuggle right on up with you soon okay?" She nods

The doorbell rings and I turn to the stairs to answer the door. I wasn't expecting anybody and I was meeting Theo at the venue? I twisted the front knob and opened the door.

He stood with his hair disgruntled in blue wrinkled scrubs "You look.... wow" he stood admiring me as I was confused on why he was here.

"I'm on my way out to a charity event? What are you doing here, thought you were at work?" A sheepish smile grows on his face as he looked to the ground "I wanted to surprise you, but didn't think to call because.... Well it was a surprise"

I felt a bit guilty, we weren't officially together. So I was free to do what I want, we were just going on dates. Me and Theo tonight wasn't even a date, it was me assisting a friend who needed help. But I felt my heart lace with guilt "Sorry to ruin the surprise, I have to get going though"

"Dinner? Can we do dinner sometime this week or a date, please I have to" I leaned on the side of the door way as his eyes continue to linger my body "Pleaseeeeee Hope"

"Fine, text me a date and time that works best for you?" He smirked at me with a pleased smile

"Okay, you look beautiful tonight Hope" I nodded and closed the door as he walked away