Chapter 25 | Secret life of HT

Me and Bella wait impatiently after mere minutes

Me and Bella wait impatiently after mere minutes. For anything, any call, any text, any contact to know what's happening.

My heart hasn't raced like this before. I felt nauseous as if I could throw up. Maybe I should've just slept with him because maybe I'd still be with him. Maybe I wouldn't have the bruises.

It's stupid to say, to think. But if it meant that Theo wouldn't be risking jail time, or the safety of himself on the road. Then yes, I would do it for him, for Bella's sake.

Her phone rings and within an instant, she answers "Grayson, god do you have him!"

"He went into the building, a woman let him in as she was leaving... I couldn't get to him and-"

"What do you need? Just spit it out!" She screams into the phone frantically at this point, she looks like she could cry.

"I'm locked out, I need a code" For some reason, Grayson sounded at ease. As if he didn't care if his best friend went to jail. That it would ruin his wife in a way, that it would ruin us.

"Hello?" Bella stares at me eagerly as I come back to the world itself.

"It's 7721" I hear the door buzz on the other end followed by his frantic pants. I knew that the seven-floor walk-up would be a challenge in itself to get up.

"He's not gonna make it in time" I sink to the floor. It was all my fault, Theo was making an idiotic decision on my behalf.

After a minute Grayson makes it to the top, I hear him stumble on the phone into the room "THEO"

I hear someone grunt in pain, it wasn't Grayson. My stomach churns at the idea of either of them being hurt. Even if Reed hurt me, my sick self still cared if he were injured.

"FUCK YOU, I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU" It was Theo screaming at him.

The sound of Grayson's phone falling to the floor could be heard. I shut my eyes and go into the fetal position. My body aches, it burns, it stings and I can't even do a damn thing. What's the point of my job? What do I even do?

I wanted my Grandma. What would Mary Ellen do, some hell of a strong woman I was? She'd be disappointed.

The sound of glass shattering could be heard and then Grayson picked up his phone again.

"I got him outside the apartment, Reed's not in good shape.... I'll call his sister. But I can't stop Theo from coming back on his own to finish the job" The thought of Theo killing a man shocks me. It wasn't in his veins, he was too good for that. But yet again, we all have our demons.

"Let's get you the fuck outta here" Grayson sounds like a wreck on the other line as he speaks to him. He cuts it off leaving me and Bella alone again. She's just staring at me, mixed emotions.

As if she had a million questions to ask but didn't dare go for them "Why did he do this?"

I looked to the floor below me in shame. I felt worthless in a way "Because I didn't want to sleep with him, he was drunk. I didn't want to sleep with him when he was drunk"