Chapter 17 | A little chaotic family

Standing outside Reeds door with Joely holding my hand made me nervous

Standing outside Reeds door with Joely holding my hand made me nervous. I never felt nervous, but here I was freaking out. I was meeting his parents and so was Joely.

Sure she'd been around Reed a handful of times but not his parents. What if they hated children? What if this was a terrible idea? It would only be a few hours and then I'd go to Bella's.

I looked at Joely in my arms and smiled as she held a gift in her hand. I pressed the door bell and within seconds it opened. A man who looked just a few years older than Reed stood infront of me. Sharing his blonde hair but his was darker and his eyes were a brighter blue.

"He was right, you are beautiful" He smiled at me stepping aside to welcome me in "You must be Hope and this is Joely?" He offered his hand and I shook it.

"You must be Griffin?" He nods and takes the gifts in red wrapping paper from Joely.

"Are you excited for Santa?" He questions her and she nods rapidly "I heard on the news that he was spotted in Japan just a few minutes ago!" The excitement in her face grows, though she's only two. She was already so hopeful of Santa.

"Hope?" Reed comes into view and he steals Joely from my arms as she squeals "Merry Christmas Eve you bugger!" He tickles her and hugs her close and then turns to me pressing a kiss onto my cheek.

"See you've met my arch nemesis, Griffin Austen" Griffin Raises his hand in acknowledgement and nods and a woman with almond skin and silk raven hair came into view. She was absolutely stunning and I knew her from the photos.

"You must be Hope, and that's Joely" she smiled at her "I've heard so much about you!" I'm pulled into a hug.

"Don't let the vultures get to you" she whispers and pulled back with a smile.

"Come, we were just baking Christmas cookies with their parents" she takes my hand and leads me into Reeds apartment where his two parents sat with Margaret at the island table.

His parents were the spitting image of him. His father looked almost identical but aged and his mother shared his eyes and nose but sandy gray hair instead "Hope!" She turned to me stepping away from the two "Oh you are absolutely stunning! What did Reed do to get a girl like you? I'm Helen" she pulled me in for a hug.

"He is a doctor mom" Margaret adds coming over "it's great to see you again Hope" she goes in for a hug but instead I shake her hand taking her by surprise. She looked over at Joely "That is the cutest baby girl!" She slowly walks over to her as she's in Reeds arms.

"Your daughter is absolutely stunning, how old?" Helen stares at Joely and as I look to Reeds dad Miller, he still sitting with his glass of wine staring at me.