Chapter 28 | Unmasked

As the mask was lifted off my face, I felt naked

As the mask was lifted off my face, I felt naked. For the first time in days, my skin could breathe after being concealed from my protection turned against me.

Eros Onasis ruined my life too many times to count. I took my mother's name for a reason but was swindled into his when it came to the big world. The one I built myself into in the world of business.

I never thought he'd live after that night. I killed my father, the one who existed in my life as a child. He assaulted my mother and abused my sister, I was protecting them.

I always was protecting them, it was like I couldn't breathe. But she was different, she was that escape I needed. But when Bella got me Chicago, my name in a seat I was forced away.

"Amartolós, there you are my boy" his hand gripped my chin as a wicked smile grew on his face "Shocked to find me undead?"

"I didn't try hard enough last time to keep the demons at bay. But I'd rather die than tell you where mom and Arabella are" The sound of a crack could be heard and it was one of my ten fingers.

I would never tell him where they were because where they were, was where my life was. Chicago was my way into a new world, I left my old one behind without any thoughts of consequence. But the thoughts of his death ate me up.

When Bella came to me one night years ago. She was convinced that Dad was alive 'he didn't die in an accident' she said. She'd gone digging and I couldn't be around for when she found the truth, and when Hope would find the truth. She wouldn't be safe, so she couldn't be mine.

I watched as the crimson liquid dripped down my arm. I wish he'd kill me now, rather than later. I wasn't a martyr, I wouldn't be a martyr, but I wasn't allowing this man to touch my family. One that no longer belonged to him.

"Pick, pluck, and poke" He stared at me confused by my words, as simple as they were.

"Pick, pluck, and poke?"

"Pick at me, pluck at me, and poke at me, hell just kill me. It would make your job a hell of a lot easier" he didn't respond, instead, his eyes grew darker. A button is pressed and two men enter twice his size. The door locks behind them sealing off the room.

"Finish him" He steps back like a coward to watch, a smile stretching across his face. He got his happy ending, the one where he watched his son die in revenge of me.

He leaves the room. Presenting the character I always knew within. He could never watch his son die, no matter how much he hated me.

I killed my father to protect my family. So I continued to do that job, to protect other families. From Chicago to New York, Boston, and Seattle. Where a business trip led me so would a kill, one for the assured safety of another. I wanted to get the bad guys not just in my life but in other's lives.

So if I knew it wouldn't ruin my life if I were to have killed Reed. I would've done it, no questions asked I would've killed him. Because he was a bad guy, who fucked up the best thing anyone could have.