Chapter 31 | The greatest crime

"I think my biggest pregnancy craving had to have been chocolate milk

"I think my biggest pregnancy craving had to have been chocolate milk. Like I was making 3am runs for chocolate milk. Your mother would stock up my fridge, that and donuts" he laughed as I spoke.

We were flipping through pictures of my pregnancy. The sonograms of Joely and baby photos. I was worried he'd be sad, but instead he was grateful that I was sharing these with him.

"What brand of chocolate milk? If you were making these runs you speak of, there must've been one brand" I smile at the thought of it.

"Hood Milk™️ chocolate milk is top tier in my milks. Did it make me want to vomit hours later, maybe? Did I still drink cartons of it? One hundred percent" He swiped through photos of me and stopped at my beach ones.

"Pictures at PennyLane" he questioned.

"You think Grandma would settle for any other beach, she was so excited for Joe. She knew you were the father, I talked to her about you coming home. She figured you couldn't have known" I leaned back into his arms as we stared out into the Boston sky.

"She loved you, hell she planned a wedding for us" I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed. His fingers played with locks of my hair.

"I'm no traditionalist but I did ask for Grandma's permission to marry you, she said yes" with that I felt the tears leak down my cheeks.

"I hope you know how much I loved you, because you gave me everything, when I had nothing" I whispered and then I turned to meet his face again sinking into a kiss.

"She has your last name" he looked surprised by my words.

"Really?" I nod my head, squeezing his hand.

"Jolene Windsor Jones" I watched as the tears succumb to him as well. But I knew it wasn't due to his last name, it was due to his grandmothers first name.

Windsor Jones, Maria's mother was such a special person that I had the pleasure of meeting. I knew it's what he would've wanted her middle name to be and I had no special meanings to give but hers.

"Jolene" he smiled "quite the name?"

"I wonder who came up with it?" He rolled up his sleeve to present a tattoo to me. An acronym of some sort.

IWSKILH was branded on the side of his bicep, it stood for something.

"What's the acronym for?"

"It's in response to your IWHLMB, but instead it's 'I wish she knew I loved her" goosebumps add a chill to my skin as it sinks in.

"Theo Jones, the secret romantic" he turned my head to face his again and pulled me in for another kiss. Each one better than the last, I liked our bubble.

"When did your mom say she's dropping Joely off?" His fingers traveled down to my thigh and then slipped into the waistband of my thong.