Chapter Fourteen

Third Person's POV

The clock on the wall inched closer towards two. Everything was wrapped in the dark.

Far away in the outskirts of the city, in that small bricked house, the two friends were preparing themselves for their next heist.

Under the faint light of the candle, they covered their faces with black masks. The ferocity of the candle increased for some seconds before going on the verge of giving out. But it didn't give out, it continued to struggle for life.

"We have all the information sorted out?" Shazain asked Jalal, feeling the adrenaline rushing in his blood.

"Yeah. The plane lands in about forty five minutes from now. They will leave the airport and head straight to the main highway. Their route leads to a small deserted forest and that's where we'll intercept their car."

Jalal informed him while yanking open a rusty closet in the corner and taking out his characteristic AK-47. He extended another pistol towards Shazain, the serpentine 'S' letter across the matte black metal glimmering under the candle's light.

Picking up the candle, both of them made their way out of the small hut. Shazain put a lock on the door, making it seem like nobody was ever here.

"Any updates about whether they've been armed yet?" Shazain glanced at Jalal whose eyes shone under the moonlight.

"Negative. It's just the woman and her driver. But according to our source, they're carrying a couple of millions in cash."

"And they managed to get through security? Must be nice."

Jalal stopped and shot Shazain a stern look. "And this time, your name stays anonymous."

"Yessir, whatever you say. I'm Mr. Anonymous for tonight." Shazain shrugged him off, fixing his gun in place.

Jalal climbed up on their 120 motorbike and it roared to life. Casting the surroundings a last glance, Shazain sat behind him. Jalal hit the gas and sped up the bike through their specified route, not slowing down once.

The daughter of a reputed lawyer of the city had come to Pakistan. Shazain and Jalal would often wait for such opportunities where someone important would be carrying cash or any valuables with them. It made their work easier if they weren't armed too.

Jalal raced the bike at a high speed on the highway. The icy breeze of the night made their bodies shiver but nothing made them slow down.

Some of their men were already waiting for them in their designated destination.

"In about five minutes, the car will pass from here," one of the men informed as he scattered strong iron spikes over the road.

Shazain scanned the deserted area. There was no trace of any life around. It was two AM, of course nobody would be in a forsaken place at that hour unless he was doing something he shouldn't be doing.

The group of five to six men spread out on both sides of the road. Each one of them had his face concealed with a black mask.

Silence reigned the night. In the next moment, the brightness of a car's headlights flashed from afar. On the signal of their boss, the men took refuge behind the trees and bushes aligning the road.

Shazain tightened his grip on his pistol and narrowed his eyes in caution.

The car drove over the spikes in the way and the tires instantly bursted, screeching against the asphalt. The driver hit the break and forced the vehicle to a stop.