Chapter Twelve

a/n : temporarily changed the title because why not?

╾═════════════╼

Hayat Azhar

I merely blinked my eyes, panic seeping into my veins. Sameer arched an eyebrow, waiting for me to comply.

"Do I need to spell it out for you?"

"What?"

He sighed, rising to his feet. "You're quite slow, aren't you?"

"W-why should I close the door? You can just tell me what you want," I stuttered, fear piercing my veins and dribbling down my system.

Being in his room was one thing. Being in his room with the door closed was completely another.

Warning sirens went off inside my head. Something was wrong.

Sameer Malik was not someone you could trust. What if he tried to harm me? Who would defend me then? Who would even believe me in the first place?

If he did something...

My heart jumped up the moment I found him standing right in front of me. My fingers were still clasped around the doorknob. My eyes locked contact with his.

He roughly pushed the door shut, making me stumble forward. My plain black slip-ons touched his branded slippers but I was too shocked to retract.

We remained staring at one another. My eyes slightly wide in fright and his; blank.

"The room's heater is on, keep the door closed," he said slowly as if speaking to someone dumb but all I could focus on was how he towered over me, indicating how he could easily overpower me.

He abruptly spun back around, causing me to release my trapped breath. "Since you think you're so clever and can't stop running your loud, annoying mouth, clean the mess on that bed."

My eyebrows furrowed together and I peered at the bed where shirts upon shirts and trousers upon trousers were sprawled.

"Fold them," he gave out an order and plopped down on a comfortable looking seat, swinging his feet up on the small coffee table ahead.

"Why should I?" The question left my mouth before I could stop myself.

He scoffed lightly. "Because you're a servant here and that's your job. Besides, didn't dadi already say you're here to serve her and me?"

"What she actually said was to look after her and her kitt—" I paused quickly, witnessing the murderous glint that flashed in his eyes.

What a dumb weakness for such a tough guy.

Kitten. That was all it took to make him lose his mind.

Attempting to escape the pit I was accidentally going to dig for myself, I rushed up to the bed.

Most of the clothing items still had the tags and my eyes nearly popped out looking at their prices.

Only two shirts would be enough for us to live through a month if we were too careful not to spend too much.

Sighing, I sat down by the bed and conveniently enough, Sameer was sitting right ahead of me.

I moved my hands fast and began folding the shirts. Yet, no matter how much I tried to ignore it, being in that expensive room with that guy, it made me feel inferior.

I was an outcast in here.

But what gnawed at me more was feeling Sameer's gaze burning on me the entire time. It was making me flagrantly uncomfortable. I wanted to jump out the window and bury myself in a hole.