Chapter Twenty Five

Hayat Azhar

Everything around me turned into ice.

I whipped back in horror, seeing a man with a heavy bag standing by the door.

My eyes jolted to Sameer, who looked like he was back from the gym after a heavy workout session, but he wasn't looking at me to notice my mortified face and simply shuffled past us to the stairs.

The man shifted in his shoes uncomfortably as I returned to gawk at him with eyes as wide as saucers.

If this was the plumber, who in the world was in the kitchen?

My knees shook and I quickly spun around, leaving the man in a state of puzzlement as I raced for the kitchen.

My feet came to a screeching halt at the door.

Nobody was inside.

My wide eyes snapped to the door at the back. Whoever that other man was had enough time to escape through the backdoor.

But why?

His broken accent hammered in my ears and it was now that I felt something had been odd about his voice.

Something had been odd about his overall presence.

He suddenly felt familiar to me.

"Which pipe is it, sister?"

I jumped, seeing the real plumber beside me. All I managed was weakly raise my arm and point to the cabinet beneath the sink without uttering a word.

The man wore a judgmental look on his face as if I belonged in a mental asylum before advancing forward.

My gaze landed on a piece of paper beside the empty glass of water on the table and my heart nearly stopped.

Thank you for your hospitality, hayati
-S.Sardar

It couldn't be.

I let go of a shaky breath, unable to blink my eyes.

It just couldn't.

That man couldn't have been Shazain Sardar.

How the hell did he even get inside the Malik Haveli?

My mind went back to the extra men working outside and the dots connected. No way.

Where were the security guards that were supposed to protect the haveli premises?

I crumpled the piece of paper in my fists, my hands shaking. It wasn't making any sense. Why would he come here? What did he want?!

'You.'

Shazain's soft voice echoed in my ears and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach as realization finally dawned on me for the first time.

That criminal was in love with me.

╾═════════════╼

Third Person's POV

"What's up with that creepy grin?" Jalal tossed his friend a suspicious look, taking a spoonful of his fried rice.