Chapter Twenty Two

Hayat Azhar

If the first phone call with Shazain Sardar felt surreal to me, the second one was completely insane.

I thought speaking to him would help me understand what his objective was but it ended up confusing me further.

He wanted me?

As in he liked me or something? Like he had feelings for- no. No way.

I shook my head, dismissing the ludicrous conclusion and focused on getting to dadi's room. Sameer walked past me on the way out and his eyes flickered to my outfit. He indiscreetly passed me a wry look when he saw I had changed out of my previous clothes that he had ruined.

"Yeah, no worries. I found the files after ransacking the whole place. Just come and take them," he spoke to someone on the phone and I glared at the back of his head, turning to dadi's room.

I knocked before going in. She removed her glasses as I placed the tray on the table. "You brought the tea? Good. Now I want you to do two more things."

She took a sip of her drink. "First, kitten went out for a while so I want you to go and tidy his room. It's been a while since I had it cleaned. He doesn't like people misplacing his things so remember where you put anything you move."

I gaped at her, dumbfounded. If he didn't like someone touching his things, why would I do that?

He already thought I deliberately messed with him and she wanted me to go into his room? No way.

But there was also no way I could refuse an order from dadi.

"After that," she resumed, procuring a set of keys from a drawer. "Go to the old storeroom on the first floor and check its state. We're having the whole haveli cleaned before Asra's functions start. If the condition isn't too bad, you clean it otherwise I'll call in cleaners from outside to do the job."

I grasped the keys in my palm and she walked back to her chair. "Be done with kitten's room before he returns so he wouldn't throw a tantrum."

Oh he wouldn't throw a tantrum if he caught me in his room, he would throw me out of the window instead.

Sameer's room was a little farther from the other bedrooms on the upper floor, providing him more space for privacy along with a tv lounge outside. His door was sealed close and I unlocked it with the key dadi had given me.

The room was completely trashed, as if a thief had broken in and rifled through it. Everything was thrown out of place and I paused, not knowing where to start.

"No wonder dadi calls him kitten. He's a feral animal, look at all this mess." I hissed to myself, stomping my feet to start cleaning.

It took more strength and effort from me to clean his room than I expected. I tried to return everything back to its place from my memory of being here last time—or at least from what I thought I remembered.

As I gathered some old receipts from the floor, I stumbled across one that looked familiar.

Scanning the price of the item bought from a pharmacy, I recognized the ointment a housekeeper had given me when I burned my hands. What was this doing in Sameer's room?