Chapter Thirty One

a/n: Eid Mubarak! Here's my eidi for you guys <3

p.s you might want to expect the unexpected.

╾═════════════╼

Hayat Azhar

Zohaib: It's late, can't talk right now

I stared at the text glaring at me through the screen of my phone, my hopes crumbling to the ground.

Frustrated and helpless, I shut my eyes and dropped my head onto my lap.

I was about to lose my mind.

If it wasn't bad enough that our stats professor didn't bother to explain the topics properly because we were somehow meant to already know everything, I couldn't find any helpful video posted online; all the videos I found only added to my confusion.

I assessed the offline icon next to Zohaib's name and scowled. I wanted to argue with him, remind him he was the one who promised to help me if I ever had a problem with my studies before I chose BBA and now he was saying it was late so he couldn't talk to me.

This was the same guy who would pull an all-nighter with me when I stayed awake to prepare for my intermediate exams.

And now that I desperately needed him to help me with the same course he'd already studied, he prioritized other things and couldn't afford to spare ten minutes.

My phone buzzed and a new message appeared on my screen. I hesitantly tapped the back icon and my eyes drifted to the unknown number that had sent texts to wish me success with my exams.

Forced by the circumstances, I ended up entering the chat and my eyes locked on one of the earlier messages.

Unknown: I know a thing or two in academics so hmu anytime you feel stuck. No pay-backs expected. Promise.

Dragging my lower lip between my teeth, I opened my notebook and clicked a picture with the flash on before sending it to the unknown number.

What am I doing?

I should be creeped out that he knew I was preparing for my exams, not rely on him.

Sighing, I deleted the picture I'd sent to Shazain before tilting my head up and letting out a whine of defeat. This was not fun at all.

I had approximately two weeks before my finals and dadi was kind enough to give me four days off. But I had to return to the haveli after tomorrow because at the end of the week, Asra and Sohel were having their Nikkah ceremony.

Now it felt like I'd only wasted my time without accomplishing much of preparation.

A notification popped on my screen and I dejectedly glanced over it before straightening up in caution.

The unknown number had sent three photos, explaining the solution to the question I was stuck on with annotations in a neat handwriting.

I waited for some moments, expecting another text but that was it. Shazain simply solved the question for me.

Reading through the notes, I found his method easier; the written instructions explained quite well. Holding my breath, I did one more stupid thing and snapped another picture of some questions to send him.