Chapter Five

There was a crowd gathering in the throne room as Rhaenyra entered. She watched as Valaena and Daemon both walked into the throne room, both in their armor. Both had crowns made of wood on their heads.

When they were both close enough to the throne the guards drew their swords and Valaena stopped. However, Daemon kept walking until one of the swords pressed into his armor.

"Add it to the chair." Daemon suggests to Viserys before dropping the Crabfeeders weapon onto the floor where it clanged.

"You wear a crown. Do you also call yourself "King"?" The guards sheathed their blades and Valaena went to stand next to Daemon.

"Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named us "King and Queen of the Narrow Sea." But we both know that there is only one true king, Your Grace." Daemon kneeled and Valaena followed, wanting to roll her eyes at Daemon trying to get on Viserys' good side again.

Daemon removed his crown. "My crown and the Stepstones... are yours."

Valaenas smile matched Viserys as they're relationship was mended. "You know I have no need for a crown, Your Grace." Valaena said, removing her crown as well.

Viserys smiles, walking down the steps of the Iron Throne and hands their crowns to Ser Harrold. "Rise."

Viserys hugs Daemon as the crowd cheers.

"The realm owes you both a great debt." He says, grabbing Valaenas hand.

"Come." He mutters, leading both Valaena and Daemon out of the throne room.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"Daemon and Valaena, they would venture off abroad, winning tournaments and I was made to stay at home." Viserys told Alicent.

"That was because mother didn't like me." Daemon answers next to him.

"No, no, no, no. I will not revisit this debate. You were always mother's favorite." He said, pointing at Daemon before turning to Valaena. "And she treated you like the daughter she never had."

Rhaenyra smiles at Valaena as she comes to stand beside her.

"Our mother, she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I, sadly, was no great warrior."

Rhaenyra smiles at Daemon as Viserys pats him on the shoulder. "Congratulations on your victory."

"Thank you, Princess." an awkward silence follows until Alicent breaks it.

"Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He hasn't yet seen the new tapestries gifted to you by Norvos and Qohor."

"Oh, oh. Would you like to see the tapestries?" Viserys laughs. "He has no interest in such things."

"I'd like to see them." Rhaenyra interrupts.

"Oh, well, then you should not deprive yourself."

"I shall enjoy them alone." Valaena watches Rhaenyra walk away, not noticing Daemon looking as well.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days, it seems we have traded a Crabfeeder for a Seasnake. This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent." Tyland Lannister announces to the members of the Small Council.

"Years have passed since the business with his daughter." Viserys sighs, turning to Valaena. "Certainly, he cannot still be wroth?"

"The Sea Snake is an over-proud man, Your Grace. That pride has been injured."