Chapter Ten

As they arrived in King's Landing, they did not get the welcome they thought they would. For a moment they all stood there until the doors opened and Valaena came out, a small girl with Targaryen silver locks clutching her skirts followed by Jaehaerys, all of them dressed in black, with Valaena and Jaehaerys having blue detailing.

"Welcome back, Princess." She said, bowing slightly, the small girl copying her as well as Jaehaerys with a smile on his face.

"I would say it's nice to be home, but I scarcely recognize it." She said as the rest of her family came out of the carriage, Jaehaerys smiled going over to greet them. "And who is this?" Rhaenyra questioned, a small smirk playing at her lips while Valaena beamed and placed a gentle hand on Aemma's shoulder.

"This is Princess Aemma Targaryen." Valaena smiled softly at Aemma who was smiling at Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra returned the smile at the small princess, until she noticed the emeralds she wore. Daemon came to stand beside her then, a blank look on his face as he looked between Valaena and Aemma.

"Where is Viserys?" He asked, his voice cold as he too noticed the emeralds they both wore.

The smile dropped from Valaena's face, "I will take you to him."

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

They walked through the once lively halls of the Keep that had been decorated with Sigils of House Targaryen.

Rhaenyra stops at the sight of the seven-pointed star hanging in the hall near the staircase.

"Her Grace has been reunited with her Faith in these last eight years." Valaena said, looking at Rhaenyra and Daemon.

"Hm." Daemon grunted, before moving past them towards Viserys' chambers.

Valaena stopped them before the chamber doors, grabbing Rhaenyra's hand. "Viserys' health has greatly declined since you last saw him."

Rhaenyra nodded before the guards opened the doors, the smell of incense strong. She turned back to Valaena, who still stood in the hall. "Are you not coming?"

Valaena smiled slightly, "No, Viserra and Vaegon both are coming in support of Lucerys, I want to be there to welcome them."

Daemon turned around, a look of shock passing over his face. Valaena simply smirked, before turning and heading toward the training yard.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

Jaehaerys, Jacaerys, and Lucerys made their way out to the training yard while Lords and Ladies stopped to stare at them.

"Smaller than I remember." Lucerys said, walking down the steps.

"It looks exactly the same." Jaehaerys muttered, smiling slightly at the boy.

Whispers followed them as they made their way to the weapons table.

"See? I told you this would still be here." Jace said, pointing to the gate. "And you thought you could swing Criston's Morningstar like Viserra and Vaegon. And you almost took your own head off." Jace teased, messing up Lukes's hair.

They laughed lightly at their shared memories before Luke turned to look at the lords and ladies around them.

"What's wrong?" Jaehaerys asked, looking past him, glaring at the lords and ladies, making them turn away.

"Everyone's staring at us." Luke whispered. "No one would question me being heir to Driftmark... if... if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than your father, Ser Harwin Strong."