Chapter 7

Viserra wakes to the sunlight coming into her chambers, turning to see Aegon laid next to her. More often than not the drunken prince would come to Viserra's chambers and lay next to her.

"Aegon," She whispered.

Aegon turns, resting his head against her temple.

"Aegon."

"Mm...Viserra?" Aegon mumbles, a soft yawn escaping his lips. "Go back to sleep, Hūra."

"Aegon," She murmurs, a gentle warning lacing her tone, but Aegon pays it no mind as he settles his forehead against hers.

"We are expected to be at the Dragon pit within the hour." She whispers, while Aegon raises his hand to play with a strand of her curly hair.

"Is it weird that I kind of feel closer to you than I do anyone else?"

"I don't trust you, Aegon."

Aegon stops playing with her hair and meets her gaze. "I don't trust you either."

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"Keep breathing." Rhaenyra's breathing was rapid. "And push." Rhaenyra pushed and gripped Valaenas hand harder.

"A boy, princess."

They place the boy in Rhaenyra's arms, she smiles down at him.

"Healthy?" Valaena asks.

"Kicking like a goat." The midwife replies, making Valaena chuckle.

"He's so beautiful." Valaena mutters, looking down at the newborn babe in Rhaenyra's arms.

Rhaenyra smiles, "Soon you'll have a new babe."

"Not for a few more moons." Valaena chuckles before the chamber doors open.

"Princess, the queen had requested that the child be brought to her immediately." One of Alicent's handmaidens informed her.

"Why?" Valaena asks, glaring at the girl.

"I'll take him myself." Rhaenyra groans, standing up.

"Rhaenyra, please." Valaena begs, Rhaenyra smiles and hands her the baby.

"Help me dress."

"Let me go with you Rhaenyra please." Valaena pleaded.

"I have to do this myself." She said taking the baby from Valaena and leaving her chambers.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

"Why do we even have to be here? We don't even have dragons." Jaehaerys whispers to his brother as the Dragonkeepers led Prince Jacaerys dragon Vermax out from the Dragonpit.

"It is our duty to accompany the princes." Vaegon answers before leaning closer to his little brother with a smile. "Although I too wish we could be spending our time elsewhere."

"Oh, yes. Vaegon would rather be spending his time with his sweet Helaena." Aegon jests.

"I'm her sworn protector, nothing else."

Viserra glares at Aegon who smirks back at her.

"Call Vermax to heel, Prince Jacaerys."

"Dohaeris." Vermax looked at Jace before letting out a small roar towards the Strong siblings.

The three of them stood still, with Jaehaerys clutching his sister's hand.

The Dragonkeepers bring up a goat and Vermax starts crawling towards it, ignoring Jacaerys commands.