Chapter Sixteen

Ser Erryk and Ser Arryk walk around the circle that the statues of the Seven create, looking for Aegon.

"Listen." Arryk says as someone coughs.

The coughing continues as they both look at the altar before leaning down and pulling out a disheveled Prince Aegon.

"Where is the White Worm?"

"She sold you for a price." Erryk answers.

"And why have you paid it? Nyke jaelagon issa mate." Aegon says, looking at him.

"What?" Arryk asks, looking at his brother.

"I want my Vis." He mumbles.

"Your grandfather, the Hand, will meet you outside the city walls."

Aegon pushes the knight off of him before trying to flee. However, he is stopped by being tackled onto the ground.

"You flee what other men die seeking, Aegon. Think of the safety of Lady Viserra." At his words Aegon stops struggling, his eyes wide as he nods.

Ser Arryk nods in return, standing and walking him out of the Dragonpit.

"I do regret this, friend." Ser Criston says, pointing his sword at them as Aemond and Viserra come to stand next to him.

Ser Arryk moves his cloak to the side, revealing his own sword as Aegon looks at Viserra.

They stare at each other for a moment before he looks at Aemond, a smirk adorning his face.

Suddenly Aegon breaks free of Ser Arryk's grasp and starts running down the stairs with Aemond following him. Viserra, unamused, watches as Ser Arryk unsheathes his sword and starts to fight Ser Criston.

She looks up at Ser Erryk who still stands at the doors, a solemn look on his face as he looks at Viserra.

She nods, letting him go before turning to see Aemond tackle Aegon onto the cobblestone.

She sighs, avoiding Ser Criston and Ser Arryk and goes straight to the brothers rolling around on the ground, Aegon giggling like a madman.

"I was hoping you disappeared." Aemond mutters, holding Aegon down.

"Is our father truly dead?" Aegon asks, amused.

"Yes... and they're going to make you king." Aemond says breathlessly, looking up to Viserra who simply stands there watching them.

She has to bite her tongue from giggling as Aegon spits in Aemonds face, trying to get away.

"No! Let me go!" Aegon screams as Aemond binds him to his chest. "I have no wish to rule! No taste for duty! I'm not suited."

"You'll get no argument from me." Aemond says, glaring at Viserra for not helping him. Once again, Aegon takes this opportunity to get Aemond to release him by biting his hand.

Viserra sighed, tripping Aegon making him fall hard onto the cobblestone. She got on top of him, pinning him to the ground as he struggled against her.

"You let me go, I will find a ship, and sail away, never to be found." He says, desperately, holding onto her wrist tightly. Viserra hated her heart that always seemed to betray her when it came to him.

I wish I could be rid of you, but I cannot." Aegon tried to get away again, but Viserra unsheathed her dagger, pressing it to his groin, making him freeze. "They currently have Harlan locked away and if I do not succeed in bringing you to your mother the gods only know what Ser Criston will do to him. So, you will come with us... or I will remove them." She hissed, pressing the blade into him harder.