Chapter Thirteen

"Aemond-" Alicent says, watching the candles around them burn brighter as Valaena stares at the table.

"Come... let us drain our cups to these three... my apologies... six Strong children."

"I dare you to say that again." Jace snaps as Vaegon moves Helaena behind him.

"Why?" Aemond snaps, turning to look at Jace. "'Twas only a compliment." He says, smirking as he walks around the table towards Jace. "Do you not think yourself Strong?"

Jace punches him as Luke goes to help him when Aegon stands and slams his head into the table holding him there.

"That is enough!" Alicent yells.

Viserra stands and grabs the knife next to her on the table and holds it to Aegon's neck.

"Let go of him." She says her voice low as Aegon slowly backs away before a guard grabs her.

Aemond easily pushes Jace off of him, smiling as he falls to the floor before turning to see the look on Valaenas face.

More guards come and restrain Jace as he tries to go after Aemond.

"Why would you say such a thing before these people?" Alicent hisses, grabbing Aemonds arm, pulling his attention away from his wife.

"I was merely expressing how proud I am of my family, Mother." He tells her before turning towards Jace. "Mm, though it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs."

Jace breaks free from the guards as the rest of them glare at him.

"Wait, wait!" Daemon says, stepping in front of Jace, making him back up to stand with the rest of them.

"Go to your quarters. All of you go, now." Rhaenyra says sternly to her children.

Jaehaerys goes with Luke as Vaegon stands with Helaena. The guards release Viserra and she glares at Aegon as she downs a goblet of wine before leaving as well.

Daemon turns towards Aemond and Valaena, his hands resting on the pommel of Dark Sister as he stares at Aemond.

Aemond returns his stare as Valaena looks between them.

"Mm." Aemond mumbles, looking away and leaving the chamber.

Daemon watches him leave, turning to stare at Valaena for a moment before she follows her husband.

⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟⃟

The cool air of the corridors calms him as he walks back to his shared chambers with Valaena.

The next second Aemond's back slams against the stones hard enough to bruise, making him groan. He opens his eye to see Valaena's face less than an inch from his own with her valyrian steel dagger at his throat.

"You're a troublesome little cunt, aren't you," Valaena growled, pressing the dagger harder into his neck.

"Why? Because I put those bastards in their place?" He snaps.

Valaena's lips curved into a cruel smile, putting her dagger away and grabbing him by his throat and slamming him into the wall again.

"Because you not only insulted Jace and Luke... but my own children and me."

Aemond felt like his body was on fire, his blood pumping. "Everything I said was true, wasn't it, my dear wife?" He whispered, his eyes glinting mischievously.

The silence that followed filled the hallways as she glared at him.

"You always were jealous of my relationship with Harwin and Rhaenyra," Valaena murmurs, breath fanning across Aemond's lips. "But I don't want you to ever talk about the princes or my children like that again." Looking him up and down she tightens her hands around his throat.