I was wrong

-Rochelle Prov

"Come on in" my dad said stepping aside giving them access to walk in.

"Hey Mr.and Mrs.Smith" I said smiling

"Chy aint no need for last names" she said laughing " I'm Brianna but you can call me Mama Bri and this my husband Kevin " she said pointing at her husband. " And this is our daughter Scarlett" she pointed at a little girl who was hiding behind Daltons leg.

"Of course you know Dalton" she said smiling

"mhm he talks about you all the time" his father said grinning. My dad was looking at Dalton, if looks could kill that would be it.

"All good things I hope" I said

"Dad please" he whispered

"Yall come in the kitchen" my mother said. His parents and mine walked into the kitchen, leaving him and his little sister and I in the living room.

"Scar go play with the kids outside" Dalton said

"No I don't wanna" she said wrapping her hands around his leg

"ugh Scar!" Dalton said throwing his head in frustration. I bent down to her level.

"Hi Scar" I said waving at her

"Don't call me Scar, I don't know you and like you" she said a little angry. I put my hand on my heart feeling a little hurt.

"Why don't you like me" I said tilting my head to the side.

"C-cuz you gon take my big buda away fom me"

"No I'm not he's your brother" I felt Dalton looking at me with a smile

"dats what dey all dew"

"I won't I promise ok?, me and your brother are just friends"

"Fr-friends?" said Dalton

"Ok" she said shaking her head smiling. She walked up and gave me a hug, wrapping her tiny arms around me as well as me hugging back.

"I like you now, and you can call meh Scar"

"Alright Scar, how old are you?

"I dis many" she said showing me six fingers

"Wow your a big girl"

"mhm"

"You should play outside with my little sister Gloria, she wearing a pink shirt" I said pointing to the backyard

"ok" she said running to the backyard. I stood up facing Dalton.

"what? " I said

"your good with kids"

"I guess" I said with a shrug

"but... friends huh? "

"yup friends" I said poping out the p laughing a little bit

"but I thought you were my girlfriend" he said walking up to me

"well...you never asked me out and looks like you had a lot of girlfriends before me" I said backing up, till my back hit a wall.

"well next Saturday will you go out with me beautiful?" he said holding my hand?. I looked at him and in awe, what does this boy see in me? There's better girls out there for him.

"Ayee you finna answer?"

"Umm go out where?"

"Well that's for me to know and for you to find out" he said wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his forehead on minds. My heart was pounding, heat took over my body I guess he felt it and started chucking. The things this boy does to me.