Long Night.

I know , I know it's been a while since I wrote a chapter for this book 😕. But I seen a lot of people been reading and voting and I've started it up again 😊🙌🏾. Thank for those who told me to continue with this book ❤️

Back at it again ! ➡️

Dalton's Pov.

It's been two months since our first big game. And so far we've been winning every single last one of them.

Coach been working us real hard, but to be honest we all know its for the best. We just had winter break and its the usual, people come back with new shit. From shoes to clothes , and hairstyles and other things I could care less about.

Tati birthday surprise party was lit as fuck. Kids from school, family members and much more came out to support. Shamar really did his thing, I mean he truly likes that girl.

Sky is showing up at school now, she told us that she broke her ankle and had to be on bed rest. But some things don't add up.

As of right now were going over this dumb ass winter packet that barley anyone did. You know I had to cause one Rochelle was not having it, and two coach would be on my ass about it. In his exact words "if your grades ain't looking right don't even fucking think about stepping foot in my gym."

I looked over my shoulder and seen Rochelle looking over her answers that were on the boards. Me being me I ripped tiny pieces of paper and threw it at her head which made her frown at me.

"Why you not paying attention?" she whispered.

"The class almost done anyways" I whispered back.

"Soo. That don't mean you cou-" she couldn't even finish her sentence due to the bell. We quickly grabbed our things and headed out the class.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders walking out the building. "What you wanna do later on?"I asked. With a heavy sigh she turned and faced me.

"Whats wrong babe's? Something bothering you?"

"Your mom didn't tell you?" She asked.

"Tell me what?."

"That your dad is taking us out to dinner eat tonight."

"Who's us?"

"Baby don-" she tried to say.

"I don't even wanna have this conversation right now. You knew and didn't even tell me?"

"Your mom made me promise not to tell you." she sighed.

I stood there looking at her wondering what should I say. I'm not upset with her I'm upset with the situation. Cause one I still haven't told my mom and its just gonna feel awkward.

"You mad at me?" She asked.

"Noooo." I dragged out.

"Promise?"

"Yeah" I pulled her closer to me kissing her cheek. "Alright but I'm not to comfortable with the situation."

"I know babe, but let's see what goes down."

"I want you to come over my house before I get dress so we can ride together" I told her. With a nod I got her into her car and she drove off.

                     That night.
Rochelle Pov.

I sat on Daltons bed doing homework waiting till he gets out the shower. I had my glasses for better vision. I was already dress, due to the weather around January was pretty cold especially during night time.

I have to write a essay for my AP English class. That teacher gives us work everyday sometimes I just want to quite, but the lords knows I need this diploma. Getting frustrated with the essay, I sat the laptop down and rested my head on the head board.

While closing my eyes to take a little nap, Dalton came out the bathroom fully dressed.

I stared at him just admiring the way he looks. His father told us to dress fancy, so we did. "You ready"? He asked fixing his belt.
Finally looking him in the eyes all I could do was nod. He grabbed his keys searched for his phone. I simply grabbed my laptop and books and walked downstairs.

He came downstairs and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, and we headed out. We found a parking spot in front of the restaurant, he turned the engine off and let out a huge sigh.

"Babe just don't think about it" I told him.
"I'll try". We got out the car and headed inside, of course Dalton being the gentleman he is he opened the door for me. It look like we were the last to arrive, everyone was sitting at the table looking over the menu. Sky looked up and smiled at me.

"Chell come sit next to me" she patted the empty seat next to her.

"Hello everyone" I said as I made my to the table sitting next to Sky, Daltons took a seat right next to me as well.

"Hi sweetheart." his mother smiled at me.

"Glad you two can join us" his father said. I gave him a slight nod. 

"Dalton I am so proud of son, you guys are winning all of your basketball games, your grades has gone up tremendously." He spoke

"Yeah I know, it's cause of this beautiful girl on my side" he told his father.

"I always knew you had it in you, I just didn't know it takes a girl to bring it out of you." He made a joke.

"Well sometimes it takes a while for someone true colors to show." Dalton mumbles very loudly.

"Dalton watch your mouth" his mother butt in. "Shall we order?"

"Yes please cause I'm hungry" Sky sighed opening her menu once again.

"Just one moment there someone joining us for dinner tonight." Kevin stood up walking over to a RED head woman. Dalton squeezed my thigh letting me know he's not taking this well.

"Kevin you never told me about a guest" mama Bri said.

"Honey she's no stranger. "

"She sure ain't family either" mama Bri mumbled under her breathe.

"Everyone Mrs. Jackson is joining us for dinner." He said with a big smile, to big of a smile. "You met my wife and kids already, but this my son girlfriend" he addressed me.

"Hello Mrs. Jackson, it's nice to meet you" I told her.

"Nice to meet you to honey." She walked over to mama Bri with a smile. "Bri it's nice to see you again."

"Ah Mrs. Jackson I wish I could say the same."

"Excuse me?"

"She mean her as well." Kevin said something before Mama Bri was able to. Dalton looked like he was discussed with his father. Mrs. Jackson sat across from where mama Bri was, looking at her dress which was showing every body part you could think of.

"Oh lord I'm starving" she opens her menu. Everyone was quite just staring at her. "I feel like I ruined something.

"Oh no my husband just didn't tell me we were having a guest." Mama Bri looked at him.

"It's just she hadn't eaten dinner yet and me being nice I invited her." His father said.

"Riiight." Mama Bri dragged out. Lord help us it's gonna be a Long Night.

What y'all think? 🤔

-Theycallmesheli 💕