Interlude: the Myrish Bloodbath

The Dragonpit, King's Landing

92 AC

Three days after that, word came from Cameron Tarth. Myrish rogues had taken over the eastern half of Tarth, and he requested help from the Iron Throne to drive them off.

So on ninth day of the third month, the Velaryon fleet was sent under the command of  Lord Corlys Velaryon. The ships would protect Lord Boremund Baratheon's stormlander levies that would be crossing to Tarth to join with the Evenstar's men. Prince Aemon Targaryen was also sent with his dragon Caraxes.

"You have to come back, Uncle! Rhaenys is pregnant!" Rhaena said as she followed her uncle into the Dragonpit, her silver-white haired braided back.

Aemon smiled over his shoulder as they headed for Caraxes lair. "I'll be back soon, Rhae. Don't worry."

Rhaena watched as Caraxes took off into the sky, and eventually returned to her horse and rode back to the Red Keep.

The Red Keep, King's Landing

92 AC

The news reached them not two days later.

Aemon Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone, Heir of the Iron Throne, and Master of Laws, was dead.

While and the Evanstar made battle plans, to Myrish scouts found the hidden camp. They had recognized Lord Cameron and shot at him with a crossbow. 

The bolt missed him, but hit Prince Aemon in the throat, killing him.

Rhaena had screamed and cried when Baelon, enraged at his brother's death, left for Tarth on Vhagar. The elven year old was inconsolable until word came of Baelon's actions.

He and Vhagar had burned all the Myrish ships, and when the Evenstar and Lord Boremond's forces descended upon the Myrmen, they had nowhere to escape. 

The Westerosi, including Prince Baelon wielding Dark Sister, wiped out the Myrish invaders, cutting down thousands and leaving them to rot along the beaches of Tarth.

So when Baelon returned, the elven year old had quite literally jumped her father and Baelon held his daughter close.

"I slew a thousand of them, but it will not bring him back." the Spring Prince wept to his mother.

For he had lost his beloved sister-wife, and eight years later, his brother.

That is today's chapter. I hope you have all enjoyed it.