Betrothal Suggestions

Viserys's Solar, Maegor's Holdfast

112 AC

"We summoned you both here for a reason." Rhaena said, standing next to her brother.

"I would like to say that it was Aerion who pranked Kepa not me—" the rider of the Bronze Fury started.

"I know about that, Daeron." Rhaena said.

"But we summoned you to ask you a very important question: if given the choice, would you two agree to be betrothed?" Viserys said.

The cousins looked at each other. Then they both spoke at the same time.

"I... I would support Rhaenyra. I would not try and take her crown, I would support her as the Queen Regnant." Daeron swore. "Yes, would agree to be here betrothed."

"Daeron would support me, stand by my side no matter what. I would be more than happy to be betrothed to him." Rhaenyra agreed.

"Well, that answers your question." Viserys told Rhaena.

"It does." the silver-white haired princess agreed.

"What?" the two chorused in sync again, obviously confused.

"You're betrothed." the King and Mistress of Whispers told the two in sync.

There was an awkward silence. 

"When will we announce it?" Rhaenyra asked her father and aunt.

She didn't mind Daeron as her husband, she did love him truly. He would be her consort, and their children would bear the Targaryen name, and he was also Valyrian, he knew what it felt like to taste the sky, and its freedom.

"Tomorrow, during court." Viserys said.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.