Firstborn

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island

97 AC

Aemma it turned out, was pregnant as well. Both cousins were restless, and moved from the Red Keep to High Tide when Rhaenys invited them, before moving to Dragonstone Castle.

And now, both women had gone into labor on the very same day.

"One more big push, Your Grace." the head midwife, Catarina said.

Rhaena screamed again, and threw all of her strength into it. She felt the baby leave her body, and a tiny wail was heard.

"A healthy boy, Princess." another midwife, Dahlia, smiled brightly.

The afterbirth came smoothly, and after her baby was cleaned she was given her baby. Daemon was let in, and he rushed to her side.

"We did it love, we have our prefect prince." Rhaena informed her husband in High Valyrian as she smiled.

"You did all the work, my love." Daemon said. His smile somehow grew wider when the babe's eyes fluttered open, revealing indigo orbs that were identical to Jaehaerys's eyes.

"He has Grandfather's eyes." Rhaena said, her violet eyes soft with love and happiness.

"He does. You can name him, my love." Daemon agreed.

"I have always liked Daeron." Rhaena said. "It means 'loyal protector' in High Valyrian."

"Daeron Targaryen." Daemon murmured, saying the name. "I like it."

They stayed together, content with their firstborn and each other.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.