Equals in Every way

The Dragonmont Hatcheries, Dragonstone Island

128 AC

Nyx landed near the hatcheries, and both royals dismounted. Aemond followed his aunt as she strode into the hatcheries.

"Now, there are eggs, hatchlings, and drakes. There is also a few drakes nearing adulthood." Rhaena listed. "Feel for a pull guiding you to your dragon, and follow."

Aemond nodded, closing his eyes. He heard a call, and his body began to automatically move. He passed the eggs, payed no attention to the hatchlings, and stopped at the drakes. 

The drakes were lazing about in a sun filled clearing, with the older ones hunting or flying. He passed them cautiously, and stopped at a drake.

Rhaena smiled, the young she drake was only a year or two from adulthood.

Aemond stared in awe. The she drake was a beautiful ruby red scales with golden horns, spines, claws, and eyes, with darker ruby red wing membranes. In the sunlight, she looked to be made out of rubies and gold. 

Hello. he said, offering his hand.

Golden eyes studied him before pressing her snout into his palm. You're here!

I am. he replied with a smile. We'll be equals in every way.

Good. Now, I need a name. the she drake said, curling her tail around him.

How about... Juno? 

Juno. the ruby scaled drake replied. She purred. It's perfect!

They stood in each other's company, letting the bond become a small stream to a steady, roaring river.

A bond only death could break.

That is today's chapter. Aemond has his dragon!