The Trial

Iron Throne Room, the Red Keep

132 AC

Rhaena stood with her family, all of the Targaryens fanning around the Iron Throne while her Arryn, Stark, Velaryon, and Martell grandchildren where next in line.

Viserys was obviously furious at the whole scheme, and was on the Iron Throne with Blackfyre on his help and his crown on his brow.

"Enter." he boomed, and Vaemond entered, his smugness fading away when he saw Viserys on the Iron Throne.

"I, Vaemond Velaryon, am here with a petition." he feebly recovered.

"I shall hear it out." Viserys declared stonily.

Daemon rolled his eyes at the Vaemond's weak claims to High Tide. The gathered nobility, minus  Otto, similarly displeased.

"I see." Viserys said. "And now I shall hear out Lord Corlys Velaryon, Lord of House Velaryon, Master of Drifmtark and Lord of the Tides."

Corlys stepped forward. "It is tradition in House Velaryon for the eldest son to inherit the Driftwood Throne. I am the eldest son, and if my son Laenor was alive he would be the heir. But he is dead, but he left my lady wife and I four grandchildren: Jacaerys, Lucerys, Valaena, and Daenaera, in that order. By our house rules, my eldest grandson Jacaerys is the Heir of the Driftwood Throne and High Tide."

He turned on Vaemond. "Not my younger brother."

"You let a boy with more Targaryen then Velaryon blood sit on our family!" Vaemond exploded.

"I let a boy who has proved himself a worthier heir then you be the heir of our family! You covet what I built, while you hid away on Driftmark for all of my voyages!" Corlys roared.

"At least I sail! At least I am not the grandson of the Rogue Prince and the Black Bride!" Vaemond roared.

The court gasped.

"I shall have your tongue!" Viserys snarled viciously.

There was a sound of Valyrian Steel cutting through flesh, bone, and skull. The court saw not Daemon, but Rhaena, splattered in blood. Red Dawn was covered in blood—she had given Silver Sky to Jaehaera years ago.

"He can keep his tongue." was all the Rogue Princess uttered before returning to her family's side.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!