Message to Dragonstone

Dragonstone Castle, Dragonstone Island

112 AC

Aemma tried one more time to have a babe, and this time she retreated to Dragonstone despite Otto's protests that the Queen should stay in the capital.

Aemma and Rhaena would have none of it. All Aemma had to do was cite her tiredness and weariness of the capital, and Viserys agreed instantly to let his wife remain on Dragonstone.

And so, for nine months, they remained on Dragonstone. They brought Aerion, Aerea, Baela, and Daenora with them. Shaera, Daeron, and Rhaenyra made frequent flights, along with Daemon and Viserys.

The plan was working—Aemma was thriving this time, unlike her previous and the baby in her belly was strong.

It had been calm, peaceful. A good place for Aemma to live in for her final pregnancy.

Except for now.

"I will kill Viserys and crown Rhaenyra queen." Rhaena declared angrily in High Valyrian, conjuring fire to burn the letter in her hand.

"What did he do?" Aemma asked.

"He has summoned you back to the capital, something about a tourney for his new son." Rhaena said.

It had been a mistake to use her magic to determine if the baby was a boy or not, and then mention that Viserys had a son.

Aemma paled. "No. Tell him no, I shall not coming back to King's Landing until I have given birth."

"It's a royal command." the Princess of Dragonfire said, violet eyes cooly muderous as she plotted her brother's death.

A royal command meant all of the royal family had to obey. Even the Kings' treasured wife and his beloved sister were not free of a royal command.

"I'm scared." the rider of Dreamfyre whispered.

"You have every right to be." Rhaena said.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it!