| Voice |

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

They silently stayed and drank hot drinks to stop them from the shivering. None of them had the courage to say anything, but the silence wasn't awkward, it was comfortable.

In the background you could've heard the rain drops against the windows and the sweet smell of the drinks Eloise prepared.

"Are you going to tell me why you were so determined to catch that person?" Anakin was the first one to break the silence between the two confused friends.

"The arm looks really nice. It makes you look more badass." Eloise points out to his mechanical arm. Anakin realizes that she was trying to change the subject, he deeply sighs and started talking about his new accessory.

Eloise looked at Anakin in awe, the glimpse in his eyes while he was talking about something made her feel warm inside. The girl found herself staring at him, forgetting about her soaking wet clothes or the disturbing dark shadow.

All she could think about is how his face lights up every time he started talking about something he cared about.

Anakin extended his arm forward to show how exactly it worked, he moved his fingers to show that he can still use them and Eloise started laughing. Anakin followed her, starting to laugh as well.

"I am sorry. I should've been there to protect you. I forgot that you needed my protection." Eloise teased the young boy. He looked at her in disbelief.

"It's alright, I put up a good fight before he got me unprepared because Obi-wan needed my help." Anakin knew it was a lie but how would she know the insignificant truth?

Eloise didn't pay much mind to it until he heard his heartbeat picking up. She tilts her head and burst into laughs.

"You are lying."

Anakin face falls when he hears her words, he started to denying this vile accusation but Eloise interrupted him. "Why would you say that?" he asks.

"Your heartbeat is quite fast. How can you explain that?" She grins at him, Anakin looks away and in a small voice, "You can hear it?"

The witch nods her head while giggling at his sweetness.

"Look I can explain it." He begins to tell how he and Obi-wan chased Dooku and Eloise listened to him careful to not miss one word that comes out of his mouth.

Anakin couldn't believe that Eloise has such unique powers, yet she limited the times she used them.

Hours have pasted of them talking until Anakin was called to the temple.

Eloise frowns when she remembers what Anakin had said about the Jedi code. And she couldn't forget that he was still after the lost princess of Alstoria.

It made her realize that their friendship couldn't move forward, and Eloise didn't know how to feel about this.

She didn't know if she was fine with nothing more but a friendship between her and Anakin or if she wanted more.

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

The whether made the girls eyes fall, she got up and went towards her room, hoping she'll finally get some good hours of rest before another busy night at the bar. The rain made Eloise so sleepy, she couldn't even bother to think about that strange shadow.

Yet Eloise's head didn't even fell on her pillow when she heard a faint whisper that made her skin crawl.

Eloise

She realized it was her name that she heard, it wasn't Paolo's voice that she knew all too well, it was one that she couldn't place in her mind.

The voice sounded familiar, from her childhood.

She heard it again.

The young witch wasn't thinking when she started to follow from where the familiar voice was coming from.

It was like she was hypnotized, under a spell.

All that was going through her head was how smothering the voice sounded. It brought her a sweet feeling from home, Alstoria.

Eloise left her home and started walking down the street, no one there to question her at this late hour.

She kept walking, unaware of her surroundings, she just keep following the voice that became more and more loud and clear.

It was like the voice was directly whispering in Eloise's ear.

Eloise came back from her trance feeling the drips of rain wetting her hair once again.

Her face looked at the scene in front of her in horror.

It was Griffin's grave.

A small scream came out of her mouth but the loud sounds of thundering toned it down to barely audible. She didn't know if the water that she felt on her cheeks were tears or drops of rain. The girl covered her mouth with her hand and fell down on the wet ground that was around the stone.

She started running back to her home with tears blurring her vision, she tripped but quickly got up and continued to run.

Flashes from the nightmares that haunted her every night came back to her.

The scream of her best friend dying, the lifeless looks on the guards who took him from her were still as clear as glass in her mind.

From a crowd of thousands Eloise would still be able to recognize them.

She was out of breath, her forehead was covered in sweat and cheeks in tears. Her nose a bright pink while she was struggling to breath.

Paolo came downstairs with a broom in his hands, yet all he found was his little girl trying to catch her breath.

"What happened sweetheart?" He asked but she just stayed silent, barely audible words came out of her mouth, "I can't... I fucked up... i heard..."

The goblin tried to lower her so he could hug her. He didn't try to say anything else, just held her while she was crying.

Outside was him.

He was watching Eloise slowly reaching her breaking point with a twisted smile playing on his lips.