| The grandsire |

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

After the Senate decided to turn down the Queen's offer, Eloise and Anakin were quick to pack their things and return to the peaceful planet.

Anakin said that couldn't fly with Eloise and Fahran, 'I don't think he likes me very much' it was Anakin's defense. She only chuckled and wished him an easy fly before heading to Fahran.

Everyone that came with her on Coruscant were already on their way back to Alstoria. Eloise thought it was a good idea that she'll have some time alone to gather her messy thought.

She wanted to blame all of disappointment on the Senate's foolish pettiness, but she couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment every time her mind reminded her of her old friend.

He read all of my letters, yet, not once did he care.

Eloise remembered that day, the day when she took the crown from her mother and placed on her own head. She remembered the reason she fled to Alstoria in the first place, Paolo was abducted. And yet, the worst memory from that day is how hopeful Paolo looked at her when she offered her to come back to their old life.

And maybe Paolo didn't want to accept the cold truth, Louis was gone, murdered. And Eloise wanted her family back, no matter how much her mother hurt her. They both wanted cope with his death, but both of them found different ways to grief.

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

Eloise takes a deep breath, turning around to look at Paolo with a big smile. Yet, she found the goblin looking down at the floor with tears forming in his eyes.

"Paolo?" She whispered.

"Don't do this, Eloise. Corrupt you, she will." Eloise shakes her head, saying how she has 'everything under control' but Paolo wouldn't hear a thing about all this queen nonsense anymore.

"Come home. Together we'll be."

"Our home was burned to the ground. Louis is dead and Anakin is gone. Please Paolo, come here and we will live together." She goes to grab his hands but he pulls back.

"Changed you've had, I won't have part of it. Come home or leave I will."

Eloise's hands start to shake, "I can't leave, and I've done too much to be here."

With those words, Paolo starts walking away from the girl.

Though, not many times Paolo has cried, tears fell down on his cheeks. He lost Louis and now he was losing Eloise and it wasn't much he could do.

Memories the two shared filled his mind and heart with grief for his little girl.

--

With heavy steps she walked across the Senate building, making her way to the most precious thing to her, her dragon.

"Queen Eloise." She heard a low voice coming from behind her. Eloise turned around to face the man, she expected someone taller and more intimidating, yet she saw an old man as tall as Paolo.

He hand a long beard that was dragged across the floor as he walked closer to her. He bowed to her, confusing Eloise with his action, "I've waited long to meet you, Your Grace."

"Who are you?" the question seemed to fell on deaf ears, he didn't answer, and rather he acted like he didn't hear her. "I've meet quite a few of your family's past monarchs. Even your mother while she still wore the crown. Your grandsire and his father."