| All these years |

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

The Queen woke up to the groans coming from Fahran, the dragon flexed his body before flying away to hunt his breakfast. Eloise wanted to go back to sleep but her two maids came into her room with a beautiful gown in their hands.

"Good morning, Your Grace." Vea bowed before settling everything in place. Eloise groans in annoyance, rolling over to get more sleep. "Today is the feast, my Queen." The other maid told her, which shook Eloise awake.

It was today? I thought it was in a few days.

Eloise rose from the comfortable sheets while Vea already started brushing the tangles from her white locks, "Are you wearing your ring today, Your Grace?" Eloise shook her head in denial. The girl always wore her ring, especially at feasts but today she didn't want to hide herself, especially not on his birthday.

"That's wonderful, Your Majesty. Your hair would attract so many suitors!" Her maid said, while she did her bed.

Eloise sighs at her words, this day is supposed to be about him, not whom I'll wed. The Queen thought.

While Vea was braiding her hair, she looked over her dress, of course it was black with golden details. Though, she loved the dragon details on it, "Your dress is gorgeous, my Queen." Eloise frowns, "I've never liked how I look in black."

"You look good in everything, Your grace." Vea quickly said, as if it was a reflex, her frown only deepens.

She never felt like she actually had any real conversations with her maids, Eloise always tried to lighten the mood but in return she will only get a formal response from the two girls.

The two maids finally finished preparing the Queen for her appearance in the public, the only thing they had left was to tie her dress from behind. Senator Dimitrov knocked on the doors of her chambers. He walked in with a soft smile, he was also dressed in black.

Griffin decided to dismiss the maids, both of the girls muttering a formal goodbye before leaving the room. Eloise turns around to look at Griffin, a soft smile was plastered across his face, almost an apologetic smile.

"I thought I'll walk with you, and I dismissed them because I thought you needed some space today." He said, walking over the girl and turning her around to tie her dress. She mutters a 'thank you'

"My mother?" She asked in soft tone, her eyes clearly red. It seems that only now the Queen fully realized what day it is. "You'll meet her there, at the crypts." The senator spoke, finishing tying her dress.

He saw how she was avoiding his eyes, looking down at the floor. He brings her into her embrace, hiding her face in his chest. "I'm so sorry about last night, if I knew-"

"I know you didn't know Griffin. And I'm not upset about that, I'm just a feeling a little...down today." She assures her old friend. He smiles before grabbing the crown, placing it so gracefully on the top of her head. "I don't know if I should wear this today."

"You're the Queen of Alstoria, you have to. You have no idea how proud of you he would be if he saw you wearing this on your head." He said, placing a kiss on her forehead. He locked his hand with hers and led her outside.

✩ ☾ ☽ ⋆。°✩ ☽ ✩

Anakin's arrival was received much worse than he believed it'll be. Thought, the Jedi knew his cold welcoming wasn't because of him, but the funeral that was happening, or at least he thought it was a funeral.

Everyone on Alstoria was wearing black clothing, even the grass seemed much duller than he remembered. All the people in the small village he flew in had a frown on their faces, even the little children looked pale and sad.