Chapter 4: Pop The Question

Cruz looks at Tatiana who was eating cereal at the counter. Sylvie wasn't at the apartment cause she left before them because of errands. Cruz has been having an internal battle as he got ready this morning. He wants to marry Chloe, but with all of the changes that
have happened in Tatia's life in the last year, he doesn't want to add another thing. He decided he'd ask for her blessing he just doesn't know the right time to bring it up. Tatia was finally in a good place therapy has helped, she hasn't had a nightmare couple of nights. He's just nervous that a big change could send her back to day one.

"Hey, Tatiana I have a question." Cruz leans on the counter.

"What?" Tatia looks up at him.

"So I want to ask Chloe to marry me but I want to make sure you're fine with it. If she says yes we'll be moving and a lot could change."

"You and Chloe are like soulmates Uncle Cruz, you got to marry your soulmate!"- Tatia grins, "But I got to be like the flower girl or something!"

"Deal." Joe smiles. "Okay go get your shoes on before we're late."

"Fine. Hey Uncle Joe?" She stands up as he takes her bowl.

"Yes?"

"Do you think dad would've married Lily if he was still here?" Tatia asks as she slips her shoes on.

"Well, probably your dad did really love her."

"I like her too," Tatia says as Joe hands her her bag.

"Hey, why don't I call her and ask if she can pick you up from school?" Cruz suggests as they walk out of their apartment.

---At The firehouse---

Mouch goes to walk into the common room before noticing Cruz pacing back and forth near the counter. Mouch leans on the wall watching for a moment before noticing Brett walking toward the common room.

"Brett." He says gaining her attention

"What?"

"You gotta see this." Mouch motions in the common room. "What's up with him?" Mouch asks as they both look there.

"He's been like this for a week," Sylvie says as Mouch starts walking in.

"What's going on, Cruz?" He says as he makes his way to him.

"What? Nothing." He says while both Mouch and Sylvie give him knowing looks. "Okay, look, but... this does not leave the room." He says looking around before they nod their agreement.

"I'm gonna ask Chloe to marry me." He smiles

"Really? Oh, that's so great!" She hugs him a grin spreading across her face.

"Congratulations." Mouch smiles giving him a side hug.

"Yeah, you know, I just figured, I'm not getting any younger. Life is too short. She's amazing. Tatia loves her."

"When are you gonna pop the question?" Brett asks

"Tomorrow night, after shift. I got big plans. I just need to get Leon to babysit. " He says turning to look at much too a smile spread across his face.

"Oh, I cannot wait to hear all about it! You're so right for each other, Joe." Brett grins

"Thank you, guys, I really appreciate it." Cruz puts his hand on their shoulders before walking away.