Chapter 13: A New Truck

Tatia runs across the street grinning. Cruz stood at the bottom of the apron waiting. He's happy to see that Tatia has been doing better now that she's in Ms. Stanton's class.

"Hey, Mija how was school."

"Good! Ms. Stanton's class is way better."

"I'm glad, do you have any homework?" Cruz says taking her bag.

"Yeah, English homework." She says before noticing truck 81, it looked different. Looked nicer. "What happened to truck 81?"

"Gorsch got it. If you ask Casey nicely he might let you ride in it." Joe tells her as they make it to the apparatus bay.

"I'm gonna go find him!"  She says before running off. She finds Casey in his office working on paperwork. "Matt."

"Tatiana." He turns looking at her.

"Can I see the inside of the new rig? It looks so cool... And maybe ride on it?"

"Uh." He looks at his paperwork and then back at her. "Yeah come on Tots, we'll even get Kidd to give you a ride on it."

"You're the best! Don't tell Mouch or Uncle Joe I said that though 'cause then they'll be jealous and Mouch won't get me more ice cream." She says grinning he laughs standing up.

"Your secret is safe with me." Casey smiles as they begin the walk out of the bunk room. As they pass the common room he says, "81 App floor we're going for a ride."

"Good." She giggles as they make it to the app floor. He helps her climb into the truck. She looks around her hands grazing over the many buttons. "One day I'm gonna be able to drive the truck one day like Dad and Stella." She grins looking down at him. His smile falters and looks back at Joe who was watching.

"Yeah? You'd look pretty cool driving this thing one day." He smiles as she sits down in the driver's seat holding the wheel.

"Little firefighter Zvonecek." Mouch grins walking up with Blake and Stella.

"Hey, you trying to steal my job?" Kidd asks her.

"Yeah, I am." Tots grins.

"Captain you can't just let her do that!" she teases looking at Casey

"As long she isn't after my job I don't care." Casey laughs.

"Don't worry I wanna go to squad." Tots says as she climbs to the back of the truck so Stella can drive.

"Ooh, Kelly! Tatia is after your job!" Stella hollers over the squad table.

"Is she now?" Kelly stands up going over to the rig.

"Yes, I am." She sticks her head out the open window.

"Well, there can only be one Sqaud lieutenant you know,"  Kelly says reaching for the handle. "And one of us is bigger than the other." He opens the door lifting her out of the rig and over his shoulder tickling her sides as he does so.

"Put me down! Uncle Cruz make him put me down!" She says through giggles.

"No can do he's my boss." Joe laughs.

"I cannot be stopped Mwahaha." Kelly laughs maniacally as he makes it to squad table.

"Casey stop him!" Tatia laughs kicking Severide trying to wiggle away.

"Sorry kid I live with him I'll have to hear about it."

"You want down?" Severide asks her.

"Yeah!"

"Okay." He says before tossing her down onto his chair. She tries to get up but Capp sneaks around the chair and holds her down as Kelly tickles her.

"Stop!" She laughs trying to wriggle away.