Chapter 16: Lily

Cruz was walking bad Tatia's room when he heard faint sobs. He freezes he knows Mouch took her out to cheer her up. He doesn't know where Mouch took her though. He hesitates before knocking.

"Mija? You okay?" He opens the door slowly to find her on her bed, the box of lettering in front of her. He makes it to her bed and sits next to her pulling her into his lap. "I got you." They sat like that for a few minutes before Tatia pulls away looking up at him.

"I have a coupon that says you have to give me cookies and coco and cuddles. From dad." She says softly.

"Then we better get you some cookies and cocoa then you can come to my room and watch a movie of your choice with me." Cruz smiles as she hands him the envelope with a post-it note that says "Give her cookies, cocoa, and cuddles or I will haunt you forever - Otis"

"Get in some jammies, and meet me in the kitchen." Cruz stands up off the bed.

"Thanks, Uncle Joe!" She jumps up and closes the shoe box and puts it safely under the bed. Cruz smiles squeezing her shoulder before walking out. She was quick to change into her favorite footie jammies.

---Couple weeks later on shift---

Tatiana looks up as all the rigs pull in. She was sitting at squad table playing a video game. She watches Severide and Casey storm off upset about something. She stands up going to where Mouch and Cruz were talking. She didn't really understand what they were talking about though. Her attention is taken when the door opens and Lily walks in. It's been a couple of months since she saw her. Life being busy for both Cruz and Lily so it was hard for them to get together. Everyone lights up seeing her walk in.

"Lily!" Stella grins as Cruz and Tatiana hurry over. Tatia barely gets to hug her before Cruz picks Lily up in a hug and spins. Tatiana laughs at her uncle's antics.

"Oh, it's so good to see you guys. Especially you Tati. " Lily smiles at the young girl putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, girl, you have been missed." Cruz says moving back so Foster can hug her.

"A lot," Foster adds smiling.

"It's been way too long," Mouch tells her.

"I know. I just... I'm sorry. Things have been busy, but it is so nice to be here." Lily smiles at them all.

"Are you coming to Uncle Cruz's wedding? I'm the flower girl!" Tatia tells her excitedly. Her and Lily really bonded during Lily and Otis' relationship. She started to see Lily as a motherly figure.

"Well, of course, I just got my invite in the mail last week."

"Yay! Me and Chloe picked out our dresses and they're amazing!" Tatiana says excitedly.

"I can't wait, uh Is Herrmann around? I'm actually here to run something by him."

"Yeah, he's inside," Cruz says

"Come on in. We'll get you some hot coffee." Mouch says as they begin walking inside his arm around her shoulder.

"I would love that. Thank you." Tatiana hangs back as everyone goes inside when she notices Gallo who had been watching. She walks over smiling.

"That's Dad's girlfriend, Lily." She tells him.

"Oh, she seems really nice."

"She is!" Tatia grins before running inside after the others.

---Later---

Tatiana looks at the two bowls that Gallo and Ritter were preparing. She didn't get why Stella or Chief were going on diets. She thought those were for people who were unhealthy and she figured they had to be healthy. It also made Chief all grumpy, more grumpy than normal. She's been avoiding him all day.

"This looks gross." She comments.

"Yeah even grosser to make," Blake grumbles.

"Probably tastes even worse." Ritter sighs.

"You're making everyone else real food right?" Tatiana asks them.

"Obviously, I'm not eating this." Gallo laughs.

"Good." She says before walking over to the couch where Mouch was relaxing. "Mouch, can I watch cartoons?"

"No, I'm using the Tv." Mouch says as she sits next to him. She looks at the tv where the discovery channel was playing.

"My show is better," she grumbles crossing her arms.

"I've seen your shows they're not better," Casey tells her from his spot on the table behind the couch

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes. Casey laughs leaning over to ruffle her hair. She glares at him before turning back to the tv.

"Lunch is almost done anyway." Gallo pikes up, "You can take Chief his."

"Fine." Tatia stands up and goes to the counter grabbing the bowl. She starts her walk to the bullpen. Chief's office door was open and she could see him glaring at the paperwork he was working on. "Chief?"

"What!?" He snaps before realizing it was Tatiana who had a dear in headlights look. "Tatiana I'm sorry, what's up?"

"Your lunch is done, Gallo wanted me to bring it to your office." She says softly as she puts the bowl down.

"Oh." He looks at the oatmeal with disgust, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She says before walking out passing by Stella. She goes back to the common room where everyone was getting lunch. Cruz made sure to get both his plate and her plate ready so she would actually get enough. "Thank you!" She grins at him as she takes her plate and sits down next to Herrmann.

"Hey kid your birthday's next week ain't it? Whatcha doing?" Herrmann asks her.

"The usual." She mumbles staring at her food.

"Okay have fun."

"I'll try I guess."