Chapter 5: Say Yes

Tatiana hurries up the apron grinning. Her teacher just told the class about career week. Next week would be full of career-related days. On Monday they get to pick a career they'll focus on for the week. They get to dress up like said job on Wednesday when they tell their classmates about the job. They have all of Monday and Tuesday to research it with the help of their teacher. Then Thursday and Friday parents and guardians get to come to talk about their jobs. Tatiana already knew what she'd be doing it on. 

"Hey Tots how was school?" Casey asks standing up from where he was checking something on the rig.

"It was great! Next week is career week and I'm doing my project on firefighting! And then on Friday Uncle Cruz gets to come to the school and give a presentation about it too!"

"Cool."

"Yeah and I'll get to bring my project home so I'll bring it here so you guys can see it!" Tatiana says before running off inside. Casey smiles at her before going back to the rig.

"Uncle Joe! Guess what!"

"What's up, Tots?" He smiles at the excited little girl.

"Next week is career week and on Friday you get to come in to talk about being a firefighter!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! And this week I get to pick a job and do a project on it! I picked firefighting." She explains excitedly sitting on one of the chairs at the squad table.

"So what are you making a presentation?"

"Yeah, Ms. Benson is gonna help us with them."

"Do you need me to get anything for it?" Cruz asks.

"Yeah. I need to dress like a firefighter when I present it."

"Okay, that's easy," Cruz says.

"I'm gonna go get a snack then tell dad about it." She stands and goes inside.

"Hey, Tati how was school?" Mouch asks.

"Great! I'm getting to do a presentation about firefighting next week and Uncle Cruz gets to come in and talk about it too."

"Sounds fun."

"Yeah. We get to pick any job we want! And I picked firefighting 'cause I already know a ton about it 'cause I spend like every day here." Tatiana says grabbing a juice pouch from the fridge. "Plus I get to take it home after she grades them so I get to show it to you guys!"

"Ooh, it better be good these guys are some hard judges." Herrmann teases.

"Don't worry it's gonna be awesome."

"I'm holding you to that," Christopher says as Tatia starts walking outside with her drink and snack. "I remember when Annabelle did that project...  Of course, she did it on being a cop." He mutters.

"Trudy has the photo of you three standing with the presentation framed." Mouch laughs noting how annoyed Herrmann looked standing beside the police presentation.

"Cindy framed it too. It's on our mantle." Herrmann grumbles.

–––On Monday At School–––

Recess was Tatiana's favorite time. She got to hang out with her best friend during recess. Sure she had a few friends in the same grade as her but her and Annabelle Herrmann are basically attached at the hip. Though Annabelle is a grade about Tati so the only time at school that they see each other is at recess and lunch.

"You should come to my house today," Annabelle says as they swing.

"I don't know. Mouch promised to let me show him how to play Mario Kart." Tatia says looking over at her.