Chapter 10: Flash Back

Tatiana has spent lunch and recess avoiding Trish and Lena ever since the fight. Which has been easy since she's spent all of her time with Annabelle or some kids from another 4th-grade class. Or both. For the most part, Annabelle cause she tends to not get bullied with Annabelle around seeing as she's known for being a bit crazy.

"You guys' dads are firefighters that's so cool!" Brady Nickson, a boy from Ms. Stanton's class says from across the table. Tati's school has three 4th-grade classes, Ms. Benson, Ms. Stanton's, and Mr. Tops. All of the kids are intermingled during recess and lunch though.

"Yeah, they were even at the same firehouse! That's how we met."

"So cool!"

"Yeah and Tots gets to spend nights at 51 I never get to though. My mom won't let me." Annabelle says as she picks up the sandwich her mom had packed for her.

"Your dad said it's cause if there's two of us we'll cause too much chaos," Tatiana mumbles as she tucks the note from Cruz into her pocket.

"I've never been to a firehouse. What's it like?"

"It's really cool! You should ask your dad to bring you! You get dropped off of the bus right in front of the firehouse with me anyway. And Chief says the house is always open to the neighborhood!" Tatia smiles as she takes a bite of her sandwich.

"Im gonna ask my mom." Brady smiles.

–––After School–––

"We should play Minecraft sometime. I have it on my Xbox I built this huge tower." Brady tells Tatiana as they sit on the bus.

"I have it on my switch. I'll friend you when I get to the firehouse what's your username?" Tots asks.

"BradyBee12." He says smiling, "What's yours?"

"Tatertots51." She says as the bus stops. "We should build like a castle."

"Yeah! I can be the knight for it and you the Queen!" Brady says as the walk off the bus to where his dad stood waiting for him. "Dad! Can we go over to the firehouse? Tatia said she'd give me a tour and I might get to sit in the truck."

"Uh." The man looks over the firehouse as the bus drives off. He sees Cruz standing there waiting for Tatia to cross.

"Chief says the house is always open to visitors Mr. Brady's dad," Tatiana adds.

"If it's okay with him," He motions at Cruz who was standing watching them. "Then we can. We have don't have anything to do tonight anyway."

"Yes! Thanks, dad!"

"Thanks, Mr. Brady's dad," Tatia says before her and Brady run across the street after looking both ways. Brady's dad follows them across.

"Hey Tots who's your friend?" Joe asks smiling down at the boy.

"Hi! I'm Brady." The red-headed boy says smiling.

"Hi, Brady." He says looking up at the man who just made it. He has matching red hair with the young boy.

"Hello, I'm Brady's dad, Henry. He was wondering if he could come on a tour of the firehouse."

"Of course, the house is always open to the public. Tati, do you want me to give the tour or someone else?"

"I'll give the tour."