chapter 2

FIRST PERSON POV:

I followed the woman down the sidewalk to the stadium, and my god, it was huge.

"My name is Mary, I'm going to give you a brief tour, then you can get settled in, sound good?" I nodded and smiled. Mary walked through the front door into the foyer. It was filled with trophies, plaques, awards, and, jerseys. She walked into a door on the right which lead to a narrow hallway.

"This entire hallway is basically just conference rooms. Nothing special." Mary said with a sweet smile. She turned around and walked out of the hallway, into a different one that looked the same, but less doors.

"These are the locker rooms, and the door at the end of the hall leads to the fields. There's also the main exit to the fields, follow me." I followed Mary out of the hall, through the foyer, and outside.

"There are about 7 fields, one for the main FCB team, the B team, the younger kids, and so on." Mary explained. She finished off the tour by showing me the coaches office. I thanked Mary, then went to my apartment. The lobby was nice, but empty. Mary told me almost all of the team lived here.

I went up the elevator to the 9th floor, then walked to room 923 which is mine if you couldn't tell. Mary said she left the key under the doormat, so I crouched down to search for the key, and found it almost instantly.

My first impression of the apartment was wow. It was very modern and had a lot of windows, so there was a lot of natural light. The kitchen area was small, but beautiful, and there was not one, but two bedrooms. I don't know what I will do with the second one, but it's there.

My bags were all sitting on the couch, so I took them so my bed room. I unpacked all my clothes and organized them by color I'm my closet, then changed my sheets and pillowcases. I put all my toiletries in the shower, and kitchenware in the kitchen, and then I was pretty much done. I tucked away my suitcases, then flopped on my bed.

.

.

.

The next morning I woke up to the sweet sound of my alarm at 5 am. These poor boys have to train at 5:45. I took a quick 10 minute shower, then did my hair. I put on my black leggings, plain white t shirt, and red converse, then put on deodorant, grabbed my laptop, and headed next door.

"Good morning!" Mary said to me as I walked through the door.

"Morning, Mary," I replied.

"Ready to start?" She asked. I nodded. We walked out to the fields and went to the first one on the left. There was a small set of bleachers towards the back. I walked towards them, but Mary did not follow. I was on my own. I walked past a group of boys stretching on the side of the field. One of them waved, so I smiled incase they weren't waving at me. I sat down on the bleachers and watched as they began to kick balls around.

"And you are?" One of the players asked me, walking to get a ball.

"Cleo, just a journalist," I replied.

"Are you allowed to be here?" He asked.

This is a strange conversation.

"I think so, my paycheck comes from Joan Laporta."

"I expected... Older." He said, turning away.

GAVI 6

A/N: don't fact check me on any of this 😭

A/N pt 2: I changed his # to 6!