chapter 4

FIRST PERSON POV:

I'd seen him play on TV. I knew he was good, but watching him in person was just different, like some sort of magic. But I didn't love him. I couldn't.

I woke up at 5am again, today. Not because I had to, practice was late, but I wanted to go to the gym to run off some stress. I quickly made a smoothie, got dressed, then ran over to the gym. Literally.

Once I got there, I put in my headphones and ran. If I started to think about Gavi I ran faster. If I wanted to stop I ran faster. If I started to have any regrets I just ran faster. Sometimes a trip to hell is the only way I can make myself feel better. I ran for about 30 minutes, jogged 20, then walked home.

When I got up to my apartment it was 6:30, but practice wasn't till 8, so I decided to take a nice, long, burning hot shower. I loved it in Spain, and I never wanted to leave, but I just couldn't help feeling like I wasn't meant to be here, working this job. Like I was supposed to live in a trailer park and work at ross for the rest of my life. It felt as if I was being chased by wolfs through an endless wood. Should I keep going, or just give in?

I got out of the shower, dried my hair, put on my black jeans, white top, and sneakers. Today I was meeting the women's team. It was 80º, so I pulled my back my hair, filled my water, then left.

When I got there, I didn't know what field they were on, so I was just roaming around until I saw Gavi. He was practicing alone on an empty field kicking balls in a line into the net. I'd seen stuff like this thousands of time, but I couldn't stop watching him. He was kicking things, yet he was so graceful.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He asked without even turning around. It was like he could sense me. I didn't know what to say. My mouth hung open. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm kidding," he said, walking towards me, "women's team practices over there," he said, pointing to the last field.

"Thanks," I said, then started walking away, but for some reason he was walking with me. He didn't say anything, though. Could this get any more awkward? Luckily, the field was merely steps away.

"See you later?" He said, but in the form of a question.

"See ya," I said, then turned to the field. Big mistake.

The coaches were slightly confused on who I was which really knocked me off my throne, so I introduced myself, then went over to sit in my foldable chair, which I could thank Mary for. The team was amazing. They displayed all the qualities the mens team did in their scrimmage, but with less anger, and more compassion, they pushed each other around less. They were amazing to watch, I nearly jumped from my seat 50 times, I just couldn't stop thinking about Gavi.

I immediately went home after the practice, the team seemed great, but I was tired and didn't feel like sticking around. It was only 1pm, so I decided to take a nap. I changed into some sweatpants, shut the blinds, then fell right to sleep.

When I woke up it was 6pm. Shit. Thankfully, I didn't have anything else that day. I got up, went out to the kitchen where my phone was charging.

ONE NEW NOTIFICATION: INSTAGRAM

NEW FOLLOWER - PABLOGAVI