chapter 14

Breathe. That was what I had to do, or at least that was what I was trying to do. I was terrified. I didn't know if I was going to get fired, or if Gavi would decide he did not like me anymore. Finally, I actually did breathe. Thanks Pedri. I had faith in Gavi and I's relationship. This has happened to most people at least once, right?

My phone started ringing in my pocket. I grabbed it, and Gavi's name lit up my screen. My heart was going at least a million miles an hour, but I was glad he called me before I had too.

"Cleo, hey!" He said, cheerfully. Maybe he hadn't seen it?

"Hey, Gavi. What's up?" I asked, but I knew exactly what was up.

"So, don't freak out-"

"Yeah, Gavi. I've seen it," I cut him off.

"Way to rip off the bandaid."

"Sorry. I've just been really nervous about it."

"How come?" He asked.

"I was just nervous that... that you would be upset."

"Cleo, I'm not embarrassed of us. Sure it is upsetting that someone felt like they could just post photos of us, but," he paused, "but I love you, and thats not going to change."

"That means a lot," I said. I wish I had said I loved him too. I wish I had said anything that showed him I cared, but I was nervous. That was the first time he told me he loved me. That was the first time anyone had told me they loved me and meant it. On the other hand, I was relived that he said that, I mean this could have gone completely different for the worse.

"Hey, do you want to come over after work?" He asked, "we can watch a movie and I'll tell you all about how to deal with people sticking cameras in your face."

"Sure, Gavi," I laughed. We both said goodbye, then I hung up. Phew.

I quickly texted Pedri to tell him everything was good, then just spent the last few hours fiddling with my stuff and doing nothing. I liked spending time with Gavi, he made me feel safe in a way. I had never had a relationship with anyone that made me feel this way. He was just special. We were just special.

After work, I went up to my apartment first to change. I put on a pair of grey sweatpants and a black tank top. I sprayed a bit more perfume and brushed my teeth, then went to Gavi's.

"Hey," He said, opening the door. He stepped to the side to let me in. His apartment looked very similar to mine, but more decorated. He had a jersey displayed that was signed by a lot of players as well as a few signed footballs. There were also many pictures of him and his family and friends. He also had a balcony which I was very jealous of.

"Got anything in mind that you want to watch?" I asked as we both sat down on his couch.

"I dunno," he said.

"Want to watch Soul Surfer just for old times sake?" I asked.

"Why not," he said, scrolling through Netflix. It was sort of awkward for the first few minutes of the movie, but then Gavi laid his head on my shoulder. After that it was just... nice. We weren't really talking much other than the occasional comment until the part where Bethany gets her arm bit off.

"BAH!" Gavi yelled, trying to scare me as the shark jumped out of the water. I shrieked a little.

"And thats funny how?" I asked, laughing. Gavi was laughing, too, until we heard pounding on the wall to the left of us. I turned to him, confused, but he was just laughing.

"That's Pablo Torre." Gavi explained.

"He reminds me of a grandpa," I said. Gavi put his arm around me, and we talked for the rest of the film. He was telling me about him and Pedri, and some of the other team members. I mostly just listened, and I was happy too. He had interesting stories. I did tell him how my article was being published tomorrow, though.

"I should get going," I said, looking at the clock. It was 8:32pm. We had lost track of time and talked for almost two hours once the movie was over.

"Nooo, stay," He said with a frown.

"You have a game tomorrow, Gavi." I said standing up. He let go of my arm.

"Fine," he said, then stood up to walk me to the door, "see you tomorrow?"

"Yep, see you."

A/N: short chapter! lmk what you guys are thinking thus far, and if you dont like anything tell me now so I can fix it!