chapter 25

Once we got to Madrid, I was more in love with Gavi than I ever had been. It broke my heart a million times to know he didn't love me back. I got off the bus first so I could take a video of them getting off the bus, and so Xavi could give his lecture. As I took the video, they all walked passed and smiled, but Gavi didn't smile at the camera; he smiled at me.

Once the last person got off the bus, I set up my camera on a live video, and called it a live training session. Genius, I know. Their training would last about two hours, but I only set the live for one so Xavi could yell at them afterwards. I didn't stay at the practice, I left after I set up my camera. I needed to think.

Madrid was such a beautiful city. The architecture was so intricate and beautiful, it was a perfect distraction. I didn't really understand the situation Gavi and I were in. One minute we we're ignoring each other, then we're talking and laughing for two hours in the back of the bus, but definitely not dating. It didn't make sense to me, but I guess it didn't have to.

I walked around Madrid for an hour and a half, just looking at all the beautiful buildings, and places I want to visit eventually. I was semi-monitoring the live from my phone. I was pretty far away, so I decided to head back. The stadium was already jam packed as I should have expected, but I needed to stop at the hotel, anyway.

The hotel was beautiful, and so fancy. I was afraid to breathe because I didn't want to disrupt the atmosphere. I got my keys from the front desk and quickly went to my room to change. I was in room 106, and my stuff was already put in there. Once I stepped in I immediately rushed to my bag that was sitting on my bed. I didn't even stop to marvel at the beautiful furniture because I had to be quick. I shuffled through my bag and pulled out my jean shorts, and the blue tank top then got dressed.

As I went to zip up my bag I saw my Gavi jersey. I was torn. If I wore it, it would make it seem like I still like him, but was that really a bad thing? If I didn't, I would probably be the only Barcelona fan not wearing a jersey.

Spoiler alert, I wore it. The stadium was overflowing because this was a huge game. Once I finally pushed my way through the crowd, I went over to the bench. I was nervous what the other players would think, but they were all in the locker room. I made a few more quick Instagram stories of the field, crowds, and the trophy. It was crazy being that close to something worth so much.

I waited on the bench for about 20 minutes before the first few players came to the bench. Ferran Torres, Pablo Torre, Ansu Fati, and Marcos Alonso came over and took their seats. Pablo sat next to me on my right, and Ferran sat on my left. Pablo tapped my upper arm.

"Nice jersey," he said. I turned so red.

"Yours is nice, too."

"You wanna know something?" He asked.

"Not really."

"Gavi was listening to juice wrld earlier," He said anyway.

"Is that it? I was expecting something ground breaking."

"He also tried to fight Ferran." All three of us laughed a little bit.

"Why?" I asked.

"I said he was acting like a twelve year old, so he asked me if I wanted to meet him outside." Ferran said, then died laughing. I was feeling an insane amount of secondhand embarrassment.

"Don't. Don't tell me that stuff," I said smiling.

"Why, because you're in love with Gavi?" Pablo asked. I turned red again because he was completely right.

"No," I lied.

"Then you're in love with Raphinha. I saw you in his car." Ansu Fati said. He was sitting next to Pablo.

"Well hello to you. And no, he's got a boyfriend."

"Frenkinha," Marcos said.

"Anybody else want to chime in?" I asked, and right after, the others walked out. Everyone left me for a minute because Xavi was either giving them a pep talk or yelling at them, and then Pablo, Ferran, Ansu, Marcos, Sergio Roberto, and Balde came back. Sergio and Marcos sat as far away from us as possible, but Balde and Pablo sat next to me.

As the game started, I immediately felt nervous. Who knew a sport you didn't even play could get you on the edge of your seat. I tried to watch the ball, but my eyes kept wandering back to Gavi.

"What's tickling your toes?" Balde asked in a British accent. I turned to him like he was crazy because he was.

"What?"

"It's like you're not even here. You're just starring into space."

"No, I'm watching the game," I lied.

"Gavi isn't the game," He said. I blushed out of embarrassment. "What's going on with you two, anyway? On the bus you were taking and sleeping with your head on his shoulder, now your wearing his jersey."

"The head on shoulder thing was an accident, don't be weird, and we're allowed to talk to each other."

''So what about the jersey?''

''I'm not sure, I guess I didn't want to be the only person without a jersey. This is the only one I have, ask Raphinha why," I said.

"Okay." He said, and made a face that let me know he didn't believe me even though this time I wasn't even lying. About 20 minutes went by, and nothing exciting happened except Lewandowski almost getting his shirt ripped off. The score was still 0-0.

10 more minutes passed and it seemed like both teams gained a little confidence because the game was really starting up. Benzema had already made 2 goal attempts, thank god we had Ter Stegen. We were all on our feet. While I was watching Gavi try to take the ball away from the goal, Modric made an incredible tackle and scored a goal. Gavi slammed his fists on the ground. Balde kicked over his water bottle.

About 11 more minutes went by, and Lewandowski scored a goal. There was a lot of back and forth going on, but Pedri was able to do most of the hard part and get the ball to the other side, and Lewandowski scored the easy goal. I grabbed Pablo's hand and jumped up. The rest of the hall was just more back and forth. By the time the first half was over, the score was 1-1. As the players walked to the locker room, I hugged Lewandowski and congratulated him on his goal. It was crazy to me that I got to see Robert Lewandowski everyday.

During half time, I made some more posts because I had to do my job sometimes. I also met some fans. I guess they either recognized me as the girl who cheated on Gavi, or the girl who's in the Barcelona YouTube videos. Either way, I was ecstatic. Before I could even find anything to drink, the halftime was almost over, so I went to the bathroom quickly.

There was no wait for the bathrooms, luckily, so was in and out quickly. While I was washing my hands, I saw my reflection in the mirror, and it hit me. I was wearing the jersey. I didn't forget I was wearing it, I guess I just never realized how creepy and desperate I looked. I took it off and stuffed it in my purse. Luckily, I was wearing the blue tank top underneath.

When I left the bathroom, the players were lined up in the hallway. I saw Gavi talking to Pedri. I wanted to say something so bad, but I didn't, I just walked by them to the bench. A minute or two later, the boys went back on the field.

I really started to regret not saying anything.

A/N: sorry for the drought 😘😘