chapter 27

Gavi decided to sit next to me. I felt like it was going to be awkward, but a part of me felt like I could just talk to him like normal. Of all the open seats he chose to sit next to me. I knew he still cared.

"Hi," He said, smiling towards me. Pedri sat down on the other side of him.

"Hey," I replied. I was going to try my very best to not be stupid and mess this up. He didn't say anything after that, so I just sat there awkwardly until Lewandowski and his wife, Anna, walked in. I went over and said hi. Anna was so beautiful, she was wearing a gorgeous white dress. They sat down across from me and Gavi, and Anna and I started talking.

"So I read your article," Anna said to me.

"Oh really?" I replied, and then realized I had already failed at my plans for the night by being stupid.

"It really was wonderful, you're full of talent," She smiled, and I thanked her. It was nice being complimented on my writing.

The rest of the team arrived within the next ten minutes, and I didn't talk to anyone except for saying hi. Gavi and Pedri were talking about the game. There were so many times I wanted to jump in and add on, but I didn't. Once the whole team was there, Xavi made a toast.

"I'd like to make a toast to Pedri and Robert for scoring today, Marc for only letting Real Madrid score once, and to everyone else for being the best team in the world." We all clapped. I wished he had recognized Gavi for getting the team there, but Gavi didn't seem to mind. After that, we all ordered our food. I got the shrimp pasta.

The rest of dinner was great. We all had an amazing time. The food was delicious, everyone was happy and celebrating, what more could I ask for? Once I finished eating I said my goodbyes and thank you's, then walked down the street to the bus stop. I didn't want to uber because then I would have to wait longer, and the team would see me and it would just be weird. I got on the bus and sat in the very back.

I had to walk a bit from the bus stop to the hotel, but I didn't mind because the city was even more beautiful at night. When I got back to the hotel I changed into my pajamas, climbed into bed, and turned on the tv. Every news channel was playing highlights of the game, so I settled on a rerun of Love Island.

About 20 minutes later I got a text from Pablo Torre. I expected something stupid like always, but he told me some on the team was going down to the pool, and he asked if I wanted to go. I was a little hesitant, but love island could wait. I put my swimsuit on, then went down to the pool. When I walked in I immediately wanted to leave.

"CLEO!" Ansu yelled. Pablo Torre, Raphinha, Frenkie, Pedri, Balde, and Gavi were standing in a circle in the pool throwing a ball around. They were most definitely drunk because they were having so much fun.

"Hey," I said, walking into the pool, "what are you guys doing?"

"Exactly what it looks like. Throwing a ball around," Pedri smiled.

"That sounds boring, I'm going to the hot tub," I said, walking out of the pool.

"your loss," Pedri said, but I really didn't think so.

When I got into the hot tub I felt like I might have been rude. They invited me just for me to sit alone. The warm water felt so nice, though, so I wasn't going back. I didn't get to enjoy it to myself for long because a group of four boys around my age came in and sat down.

"Hey there," one of them said, and I cringed so hard.

"Hi," I forced myself to say.

"I hear your accent, where are you from?" The same boy asked.

"London."

"Thats a nice swimsuit," he said, starring at my chest. I felt extremely uncomfortable.

"Oh, thanks." I wanted to leave, but I didn't want to be rude. They were all whispering to each other, so I turned around to the boys. They were all watching me. I saw only two ways out of this, so I chose the better option.

Help me. I mouthed to Them. They gave back confused looks, so I said it again while motioning to the people across from me. I knew they were going to bully me.

"So are you here for the game?" A different boy asked.

"Yeah."

"Barcelona or Madrid?"

"Barca," I said. Before any of them could say anything back, Gavi came into the hot tub. I was confused, I didn't expect him to come over, but I wasn't mad. The others kind of gasped when they saw him, and they were even more surprised when he sat down next to me.

"Hi," Gavi said to me. He seemed really nervous, and I had assumed they sent him.

"Hey," I smiled. The boy I had been talking to glared at me a little.

"Who's that?" The boy asked as if I owed him an answer. I was sort of nervous to answer, I didn't want to say the wrong answer.

"A friend," I hesitated. Gavi's expression didn't change. I wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

"Ok, well have a good night, then," He said, bitterly. Him and his friends walked out of the hot tub and into the pool. Once they were gone, Gavi started laughing, and so did I.

"What are they on?" He asked.

"I don't even know, they were just talking to me," I laughed, "I think they were a bit starstruck to see you."

"Wait till they see the others," he said. We both went quiet for a second. I had to say something. This was a once in 20 lifetimes chance.