chapter 19

The next morning was so slow. At 10am I was going to go out and make a training montage for the girls, and the boys would get here at noon, have a team lunch, then go to training which I wasn't invited to because it would be the finals soon, but I was invited to lunch for some reason. Since I had nothing to do, I went to get a latte from Gavi's favorite coffee shop. I grabbed my phone and walked over.

The weather was nice and sunny. I was wearing a yellow sundress with my black converse which kind of hurt my feet. When I walked in, there was a couple sitting next to each other which reminded me I never called Gavi. I decided to wait until I got back to my office. I quickly ordered my latte, then went back.

When I walked into my office I gasped. My latte crashed to the ground and spilled all over the carpet, but that was the least of my problems. I took a step forward and shut the door quickly. Spencer was sitting in my chair.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I shouted.

"Calm down, I just want to talk," He said.

"Calm down? You're crazy, get the hell out."

"Stop yelling at me, sit down," he said firmly. I scoffed, then sat down across from him.

"Did you ever leave Spain?" I asked.

"No, and I'm not going to until you come home."

"I am home, I have a life here."

"You call dating Pablo Gavi a life? I thought you wanted to be a journalist, not the girlfriend of some piece of shit. I watched the interview you did yesterday," he laughed, "you looked like a desperate freak. Going from me to Gavi to Balde to Pedri."

"Get out." I stood up and walked to the door. Spencer stood up and walked over to me. He got really close to my face, I tried to push him, but he just got closer, and then kissed me. I slapped him across his face, "Get out!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. He took a step back, then opened the door.

"You stupid bitch," he said, then slammed the door and stomped away.

As soon as he left, I fell to the ground in the puddle of coffee and sobbed. I had no idea where to go from there. I didn't really want to tell Gavi, but I felt like I had to tell someone. This stuff shouldn't just happen to people. I stayed on the ground sobbing for a good ten minutes until I picked myself up. I had a little stain on the front of my dress, so I went into the bathroom to wash it off. While in the bathroom washing off the stain, I couldn't stop crying. I refused to look in the mirror, because even though I knew it wasn't my fault, I couldn't help feel like I could have avoided it. Amidst my sobs, Claudia Pina walked in, and was fixing up her hair next to me in the mirror.

"You ok, Cleo?" She asked. I didn't know how she knew my name, but also I didn't really care. I was more worried on how to answer.

"Yeah!" I said, smiling at her, but the one thing I couldn't do was stop the tears from trickling down my face.

"Oh girl, you can talk to me. Nobody likes a liar." I had no idea how to respond to that, either. Although it would make me feel better, I didn't want to trauma dump on her.

"Just... boy problems," I said.

"Gavi?" She asked.

"No, my ex..." I said. She didn't say anything for a few seconds, but then she embraced me into a hug. I just melted in her arms and cried. In that moment I felt so safe. It didn't matter what had happened before, or what would happen later, it was just those quick seconds where she had her arms around me.

"I've got to get out there, don't worry about coming to practice, I'll get coach to email you some videos. Remember that whatever happened isn't your fault. I'm going to call you, ok?" She said.

"Ok, thank you, Claudia." I replied. She smiled, then left the bathroom. I cried in there for about 15 more minutes until I had nothing left to cry about. Don't get me wrong, I was furious about what Spencer did, but I had to go on with my life. I kept reminding myself that it wasn't my fault and that I never had to speak to him again.

When I went back into my office I tried to clean up the coffee mess as best I could. Once I finished that I opened the window. I was about to sit down, but then I remembered Spencer sat in that chair, so I just set it in the interview room. I only cried a tiny bit while doing that. Up until lunch, I just starred off into space. I had a lot to think about. Before I went to lunch, I fixed up my mascara in the bathroom.

When I walked in, nobody said anything. I looked around and saw Gavi sitting at the end of the table in between Pedri and Araújo, but there wasn't a space for me anywhere near him. I took a quick video of the table for the instagram, then got my food. I grabbed a salad and lemonade and sat down in between Jordi Alba and Ter Stegen. Yawn.

I didn't really talk at all during lunch, I just said hello. Anytime I would try to smile at Gavi he would act like he didn't see. I kept wondering if I had done something yesterday or if it was because I didn't call him. When I got up to leave, Gavi followed me out into the hallway.

"Hey," I said, "something wrong?" I asked him. He pulled out his phone from his back pocket and pulled up an instagram story, then handed me his phone. I froze. It was a picture of Spencer kissing me. "Gavi, I promise you this isn't what it looks like," I defended myself.

"Oh, right?" He said. I was so angry.

"Gavi, do you know who this is?" I asked.

"Probably some guy you met at a bar yesterday. Is that why you didn't call me yesterday? You were too busy kissing some guy you just met?" He raised his voice slightly. I could not believe what he was suggesting. Xavi stepped out into the hallway.

"What are you two doing?" He asked.

"Leaving." I stormed away.

A/N: IN CASE YOU DONT REMEMBER, SPENCER IS CLEOS EX, READ CH. 5 FOR A REFRESHER!