chapter 16

3RD PERSON POV:

The stadium was empty since the doors hadn't opened yet. The players were on the field warming up, but stopped to look at Gavi and Cleo. Cleo wasn't nervous since she was just doing her job, but Gavi was. They both walked over to the bench, and Xavi met them halfway.

"Hello, Cleo," He smiled, "why don't you go and get some training shots. I need to speak with Gavi." Cleo agreed and started taking photos and videos of the players warming up.

"So you showed up," Xavi said to Gavi. This made him happy that Cleo talked him into staying and proving Xavi wrong, "if I were you I wouldn't have, so I admire you for it, but I've had it up to here with you."

"I'm sorry," Gavi mumbled. It pained him to apologize, because he didn't think he had done anything wrong, but he did not want to jeopardize his spot on the team.

"Go sit down," Xavi said, patting him on the back.

CLEO'S POV:

As I was taking photos everything just felt awkward. Everyone seemed mad at me as well, even Frenkie and Raphinia who I am closest with. I decided I had enough training shots, so I went over to sit next to Gavi.

"What did Xavi say?" I asked. Gavi spread his blanket over the both of us.

"That he's surprised I showed up," he took a breath, "and I apologized."

"You did the right thing," I squeezed his hand. All of a sudden it got really loud, and fans started flooding into the stadium. I put my camera under the seat because I wouldn't need it until after the game. About 20 minutes passed, and Ferran Torres, Pablo Torre, Bellerin, Kessie, and Christensen joined us on the bench but said nothing to us. The game started five minutes after.

"Is Pedri mad at you?" I whispered to him about five minutes into the game.

"I'm not sure. I hope not, he's my rock. Without him I would go insane." I smiled at him. I hoped Pedri wasn't mad at him, too. I've seen first hand how much Gavi needs Pedri. After this, Gavi and I barely payed attention to the game and just talked, and before we knew it the game was half way over.

During halftime, I uploaded some photos and videos from training, and some from the footage of the match. The score was still 0-0.

"Cleo, I think the team is coming, I'm going to go. I'll be back." He said, standing up.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"No," he replied, sitting back down, "I'm just nervous."

"I'm sure they don't hate you as much as you think. In fact, I'm sure they don't hate you at all." I lied. I was pretty sure they were all pissed at him, but they didn't have the right to be, and thats not what he need to hear right now.

"Here they come," he looked like he was about to cry, so I grabbed his hand. The players were getting closer, and we both were trying to pretend like we couldn't see them.

"Good playing, guys," I said smiling. Everyone kept walking which hurt my feelings a bit, but Lewandowski stopped to thank me.

"What is Gavi doing?" Jordi Alba asked just loud enough for him to hear. I looked over at Gavi, and he didn't seem mad like I expected, he just seemed genuinely hurt. The players went back on the field aside from those staying one the bench. I watched the match start back up, but felt Gavi's head on my shoulder. He was crying.

"What did I do, Cleo?" He sobbed softly. My heart broke for him. He didn't deserve this. I ruffled my hands through his hair and rubbed his back.

"You're going to be ok. Soon enough they're not even going to remember why they're mad at you. You're going to be ok." I kept saying that it was going to be ok, because I hoped if I kept saying it, it would be true.