chapter 26

About five minutes into the second half Gavi got injured. Benzema went for a tackle, but it was sloppy, and he just hit Gavi. He fell to the ground, and I could immediately tell he was hurt. A few of the players rushed over to him to make sure he was ok. Since we couldn't loose, Xavi took him out and sent Balde in his place. I felt horrible for Gavi, he deserved to play, he got them to the finals, anyway.

Two people helped Gavi down onto the bench. He sat right next to me. I didn't really know if I should say anything, he was crying. Luckily, he was talking to someone else, so I had time to prepare what I was going to say. When the other person walked away, I muttered up the courage.

"I'm really sorry you got hurt, Gavi," I blurted out. I was instantly slapped in the face with regret because of how insincere it sounded.

"It's ok," his voice broke. My heart shattered for him as I watched him ice his ankle. "I feel fine I guess."

"You're tough," I said.

"You said you got hurt," he tried to make conversation, and I applauded him for trying.

"Yeah, not this bad, though," I lied.

"Frenkie's been doing pretty well," He said. As much as I liked Gavi, I didn't want to talk to him right now, I felt like I jinxed him.

"Yeah," I agreed. The next twenty minutes went by in silence, but not complete silence since we were both cheering. Raphniha passed Pedri the ball, and he scored the Goal. I jumped up to celebrate, then looked over at Gavi who was cheering as well and trying to stand up. I didn't even think, I just helped him up and let him use me for balance, then we hugged until I snapped back to reality.

"Sorry," I said, sitting back down. I didn't want to make anything awkward. It felt nice to hug him, though, but at the same time it just made me want him back even more. Before we knew it, there was one minute left, and we were winning 2-1. Everyone on the bench was so excited and happy, everyone except Gavi, that is. Don't get me wrong, he was excited, but we could all tell he wished he could have contributed more.

The game ended, and we were all ecstatic. We were champions! Everyone including Gavi went to the field to celebrate, and I took some videos and pictures. I got a video of their celebration from every players point of view at least twice, so I called it a day. Like always, Frenkie sent me locker room content. I decided to go back to the hotel so I could post some of it.

The streets were very crowded, I wouldn't have been able to walk back, so I waited inside to call a taxi. I was so happy that the team won, but also that I got to be a part of it. I was about to call an uber when Gavi came up behind me.

"Leaving so soon?" He said. I was a little confused.

"Yeah, what else would I do?" I laughed a little.

"Stay and celebrate with us!" He smiled, and my heart melted.

"I'll be doing plenty of that later, I promise," I said.

"Ok," he smiled, turning and walking away. He stoped as if he was going to turn around and say something, but he just kept walking. I would have given anything to hear what he was going to say.

I called an uber, and waited about ten minutes for her to get here. It took about ten minutes to get to the hotel. We talked about the game on the way to the hotel, as she was a Real Madrid fan. It was nice to hear her perspective. Once I got back, I flopped on the bed and started editing videos.

First, I posted each of the players, then them as a whole team. They all seemed to happy like a family. It was beautiful how they bonded. After that, I edited a training montage from earlier. I also posted 0.1% of the locker room content Frenkie sent me. The rest was just him vloging. I was done working for the day, so I decided to take a nap before team dinner which for some reason I was still invited to.

I woke up 20 minutes later because even though I was tired, I couldn't sleep for the life of me. I took a nice hot shower instead and thought about Gavi and I the whole time. He wanted me stay and celebrate. Maybe he was just being nice, or maybe he actually wanted me there which meant he still cared. I knew that he did, but every piece of validation towards that theory made me the happiest woman alive.

After I got out of the shower I did my hair in two braids, and did a little bit of makeup, then got dressed into the dress that I brought. I just scrolled through my phone for two hours before dinner, then called an uber. This guy wasn't as talkative as the lady before, but he was still nice.

I was nervous to go in. I didn't know where I would sit or who I would talk to. I just told myself to stop being dramatic, and that people all over the world dream of opportunities like this. When I came in, I guess I was early because the only people there were Xavi, Sergio Busquets, and Ter Stegan. I said hi to all of them then sat down in the left corner. Busquets and I were talking about his family which was strange, but the way he talked about his kids was so sweet.

The others quickly started coming in. First Balde came, then Pablo, Raphinha, Frenkie, and Kounde, and then Pedri and Gavi. I watched him as he walked in and came closer and closer until he finally sat down right next to me.