chapter 13

The next morning, I woke up promptly at 7am. I had a lot to do today since tomorrow was game day. I picked out a nice blouse, and a pair of jeans. While doing my hair, I could not stop thinking about last night. It was magical, Gavi and I shared so many amazing moments. Nights like those made me feel like Barca was the place for me to stay.

Once I was done getting ready, I walked over to my office. There was nobody in the foyer, but there were kids on the field. One of them waved to me, and I waved back. I was happy they still remembered me, even though it was only a few days ago.

I walked into my office and was hit with a wave of pure sadness. My office was so bland and sad. My contract said I was locked in for at lest the rest of the season, so I decided to decorate it. After work I would go shopping for decorations.

I sat down at my chair and started editing some footage of training to make a pre-game montage. Making that took me about an hour, so I posted it, then moved on to comments and DM's.

Everything was going slowly, so I grabbed my camera and went out to the training fields. They boys weren't there, but the kids and women were. I snapped some pictures of the kids scrimmaging before they noticed me, and then they all turned to look at me.

"What are you doing," one of the kids asked.

"Taking... pictures?" I responded. The coach yelled at them to keep practicing, then smiled at me. I took a few more photos, then moved onto the women's team. They were scrimmaging as well. When I walked onto the field, the beautiful Ingrid Engen was drinking water.

"Hey, do you mind if I get a few pictures of you?" I asked her nervously. She seemed nice, but you never know.

"Of course not," She said, looking towards the camera, smiling, then making a weird face, then laughing.

"Thank you!" I said. She put her water down and patted my back, then went back to the game. I adore her.

I spent the next hour or so editing and posting the footage. On La Masia's insta I posted a video of them training on the story. On the FC Barcelona Femeni I posted the photos of Ingrid as a slideshow, then a video I took of her on reels, YT Shorts, and TikTok with the link to her player kit. Since I had no idea where the boys were, I had nothing to do so I checked my own socials for the first time in a while.

shit.

Somehow, I had 35k followers, and my article wouldn't even come out until tomorrow. I checked my DM's and they were flooded with messages saying 'Gavi's new gf??' and a picture. I clicked on one of the messages to see what the picture was, and it was me and Gavi last night kissing on our surf boards. I took a breath. I had no idea what to do, so I called Pedri.

"Hello?" He said, answering the phone.

"Pedri, last night at the party someone took a picture of Gavi and I kissing and now it's all over the internet and I don't know what to do."

"Well to start, calm down."

"Never tell a woman to calm down."

"You're right, breathe. Is that better?"

"Much."

"Ok, um, I don't think Gavi will be mad, I know he is an angry bird, but he is not embarrassed of you. Do you know how many times he wanted to post pictures of you two?"

"So do nothing?"

"Basically. Don't answer any questions about it to anyone. Not even your dad."

"I'm telling my dad."

"Fine you can tell your dad, but what I'm saying is, don't let it affect you."

"Thanks, Pedri."

"Yup, Gavi will probably call you once he finds out," he said, then hung up.

Ok. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Is it really that easy?