Chapter 31

2028

"Is everyone ready? The drivers are waiting in the parking lot," Gavi shouted from the living room of the hotel.

"I'm just doing Nat's hair, we'll be done really soon!" I shouted back from the bathroom.

Natasha, our two year old daughter was sitting on the counter while I was doing her hair. I slicked her hair back into a ponytail, and curled to front two pieces. Once I was done, she hopped down. I had just finished getting myself ready, and Gavi was lucky enough to get a hair and makeup crew.

"You look so cute," I told her. I grabbed her hand and we walked out to the living room where Gavi was waiting for us. Her little waddles made my heart melt.

"You look..." he paused, "So beautiful."

"Thank you," I stepped closer to him, and he put his arms around me.

"I would kiss you, but I don't want to mess up your lipstick," he whispered. I stepped away and laughed. "And you look beautiful too!" He said to Natasha and picked her up.

.

.

.

Gavi put Nat into the carseat, and we both got in the car, then headed off to the ballon d'or ceremony. It wasn't a long drive, so we all sat in the back seat. Gavi squeezed my hand.

"You've come a long way, haven't you?" I said, showing him a picture of himself as a kid. His mom sends me pictures of him with short descriptions all the time. This one was 'Pablo when he met Xavi for the first time!'

.

.

.

Taking pictures on the carpet was boring and tiring. It was so annoying getting yelled at to look in every different direction. I kept praying Nat wouldn't get fussy.

The three of us found our seats, the ceremony was going to start soon. I turned to Gavi.

"I just want you to know that I'm already proud of you. No matter what happens I always will be. Simply getting nominated is a huge achievement, not to mention everything else you've done in your career. I'd still be proud of you if you never scored another goal again." I said.

"That means so much to me," He smiled.

"I'm proud of you, daddy," Natasha tried to say. He kissed her forehead.

.

.

.

A few other boring awards were given out, but finally it was time for the ballon d'or. The whole place was silent, you could hear a hairpin drop. I couldn't read Gavi's expression. He didn't have any visible emotions.

"And the winner of the 2028 Ballon D'or is..." the announcer started, and everyone froze, "Pablo Gavi."

A sense of relief washed over me, and I could tell Gavi was feeling the same thing when he reached his hand over to meet mine.

As he walked up the steps and held up his trophy it really hit me. My husband won the ballon d'or. I felt so much pride and joy for him.

"There's daddy!" I whispered to Natasha, and she smiled. Her smile looked exactly like Gavi's.

He walked over to the podium to give his speech.

"Thank you all so much for this. It is truly an honor. I would like to thank FC Barcelona and the Spanish National Team for sticking with me all these years, and all the coaching staff, as well as my teammates. I would also like to thank my family. Thank you mom, dad, and Aurora. Most of all, thank you to my daughter, Natasha, and my incredible wife, Cleo. You two are my world, I love you to the moon and too Saturn."

A/N - did you guys like the Taylor quote at the end because I do its pretty cheeky if you ask me, but you didn't, so I'll just get straight to the point. This was just a fun chapter, I don't know how to be a mother or wife, and I don't know how the ballon dor ceremony goes, neither do you. also, yes I call him gavi. I'm aware his name is Pablo, but he's better known as gavi. its a nickname. There probably won't be any more chapters, but who knows, look at me making a new one after 3 months! I love you all just as much as I did when I first started, thank you for listening to my entire essay of an authors note.