The Staining Blood of your Beloved

My break is over and I'm bringing you another chapter 😎 Expect like 1-2 more chapters after this one before I finish it, woo.

                                __________

It was a known fact that Cyno was a master spear user, and today he was getting ready for the duel of his life. He had spent countless hours honing his skills with the weapon; slaying every being that had crossed his sight.

He had trained for years, mastering every technique he could get his hands on as well as honing his physical skills. Despite being prepared for almost anything that could come his way, nothing could prepare him for this.

How could one fight his lover? One, that Cyno had loved so deeply, he would rather die himself than lay hands on.

The silver haired general was sat in a preparation hut. The loud cheering of the audience in the background, coming from the arena behind the doors ripped his ears, feeling as if millions of needles were being pierced through his eardrums.

Earlier the same day, before Cyno couldn't even react to Tighnari's challenge, as both men were dragged away from each other. Cyno kicked and struggled, but his shifting was useless against the skilled man holding him.

This entire situation was so confusing. The fact that his own men had dragged him into this jail-like looking place, and even injected him with some odd serum wasn't adding up.

The unknown essence made Cyno feel dizzy, on the verge of almost passing out, and then it just disappeared. In the matter of a mere second, he could've stand again, and function. Yet it still left this odd, green looking stain on his skin.

What exactly was going on? Why did Tighnari do that?

So many questions bubbled in his head, making himself feel tipsy and weird. He had various options of spears in front of him, but he obviously wasn't going to fight Tighnari.

He would go out there, and demand an explanation, he didn't care if he would be seen as weak or way too empathic to the audience, he just wanted Tighnari.

And then, realization struck him like a powerful lighting.

The Akademiya couldn't allow a strong general such as Cyno himself be seen showing a weakness – Tighnari.

He couldn't have been seen declining a duel. They would do anything to protect their reputation, and the fear and power they had over Sumeru. Even betraying their own ally.

Nonetheless, they were foolish to think that Cyno was actually going to fight. He would rather die than to hurt Tighnari.

Which left one more question unanswered; Why did Tighnari challenge Cyno to a duel? What was his reason for that?

Before Cyno could register anymore thoughts, a sudden wave of pain kicked into his guts. The Akasha capsule on his left side of head pulsed neon red, an unusual colour.

Cyno gritted his teeth, using force to remove the said device off. But before he could manage to do anything, his sight went blank.

____________

Tighnari sat on the cold floor, back pressed against the wall. His wounds from the previous night stang and pulsated. A very uncomfortable feeling. Not to mention how tired he felt. His eyelids were so heavy, and he wanted nothing more than to fall asleep. But he couldn't do that now. Not when he was about to fight Cyno.

His entire plan was to defeat Cyno in this duel, after all, Cyno would let him. He wouldn't fight back against Tighnari.

It had to be a duel of bloodshed, otherwise it wouldn't be seen as anything important by the higher ones.