Joining the Party

A group of survivors from the legendary Hydra attack a few years ago, came to the elven lands of Sacratar where I lived, I noticed a charming young fellow. A Tiefling. He came to one of the guards asking for what I thought was a joke, but he actually said my name. MY name! As in Ashentai! I was in awe. I gazed upon this Tiefling as he talked with the guard. He was tall and his black to blue hair was slicked back into a pony tail with only a little fringe that went over his left eye, he had a scar on his arm

The guard pointed towards my residence as the Tiefling nodded and thanked him before making his way over, he was accompanied by A dragon looking person, a dwarf and what looked to be a changeling pick pocketing some of the rich people when the Tiefling snapped him out of it. I giggled slightly which caught the Tiefling's attention and he looked up at my balcony as I hid covering my mouth. I look out and don't see him. Where'd he go? I look up and down the forest floor and take in the sweet forest smell and hear the birds chirping in the distance. So pleasant. I turn around to see the Tiefling sat on the white silky sheets of my bed, his right leg bent and a smirk so charming I couldn't help but blush. I jump slightly and almost fall off the edge of my balcony if it weren't for the Tiefling catching me "Verece. Nice to meet you." were the only words that escaped his lips.

I think about telling him my name when he hushes me like he knew I was going to speak. This guy is freaky and cute. "Afraid not little elf. I have not a single harmful intent." He says as he smirks a little. I sigh slightly and reveal myself to him. "Ashentai. An honour to see an adventurer such as yourself. I'm not of any use however. Just a mere trainee at the local cathedral to become a cleric." I say while lowering my head slightly not out of embarrassment but out of respect. 

He smiles with care. "Not to worry my child. You'll know the way of the cleric in no time if you stick with us. A little practice and training won't go amiss with a Sorcerer like myself. You'll love it with us I swear. But first. we'll need to get you equip-"

I jump in, "Woah! I haven't agreed to join yet! Let me think about it."

"Yep- Thats the 3rd time I've done that." Verece shields his face from me as he paces the room embarrassed. I tap his shoulder after a moment, as he looks at me, I feel a slight bit intimidated but I felt that to be natural. He raises an eyebrow at me as I forgot to speak because I was choked up by his charm, "oh- uhm- well- I- I thought about it." I begin as he leans in with his arms around his back he gives off an aura which is like I can't ignore, I stutter slightly trying to get out my words, "It's a great offer but... I don't want you paying for me-" I felt a cold finger brush my soft lips.

"Quiet now. It's the least I can do for a noble lady as yourself." He answers with a sweet and reassuring smile.

"Okay. I'll join. from the looks of things, your team is going to need a healer anyway, the missions only get harder from here."

"And with harder missions, come injuries. Some we may not be able to sustain." Verece replies as soon as I finish my sentence.

"Exactly. Now. This cleric gear I should be getting?" I ask as he nods, "This way m'lady." He says as he leads me out of the residence and onto the cobbled pathway into town, the changeling eyes me the whole way round town as I walk nervously around the markets. Each citizen greeting me a warm smile and a wave. I hand little kids, boys and girls who were left on the streets a few silver to pay for food and something to drink. "Dracana. Stay with the Noble, the rest of us get her what she needs. Sedin, You get her a weapon, Eshin, go obtain her a shield a small one, And I- I'll get the armour." Verece states to each as they nod, "Aye." each of the members say as they split off to go get me some equipment. I look at Dracana as she gazes at me, "He has a thing for you, you know, Noble." Dracana says in a rough voice, "This is my natural way of speaking sorry if you think I'm upset about that, I'm not. He's a big flirt. He'll get what he wants sooner or later, but there's one thing you should be wary of him, and that's his power hungry side, he wants to become stronger in anything he does, and he won't let anyone stand in his way. When that's partnered with him getting what he wants when he wants, it can be lethal. I'm not saying it stir you away from him, It's just a girl to girl thing and I've experienced his power hungry side and- let's keep it at, you don't want to find out, and if you do, I suggest you repent" she continues as I take out a cross with a diamond in the centre, "Repent?" I ask as Dracana nods, "I'm okay with guys who are slightly intimidating, like that changeling guy, but I stay well away from power hungry people."