A taste of darkness...

Gazing at the thing in the mirror I noticed my mascara has ran on the left side and my right arm was nothing but bone... Looking at the ring on my left hand I try to pull it off, Only causing me to collapse to the ground screaming in agony where Verece came in and I scuttled under the covers of the bed hiding myself...

"Ash?" Ver calls to me as I repeatedly tell him to go away, still he moves in closer and folds back the covers to reveal the monstrosity i have become..

"Why hide yourself from me, You're perfect just the way you are... I cherish you for who you are, no matter who, what or how you are."

Uh hello, Verece? Moments ago you watched me with death in your eyes as I collapsed to the ground, now you say you love me?!

I frown and push him away rendering him confused and ashamed. "I get you're mad at me, i hurt you emotionally... You may not forgive me and you may-"

"My father told me one thing. If i was accepted for who I was whether i was a high elf or a shadow elf or anything in between i should love that person with my whole heart. Whether it was dwarf to tieflings, I would give them a chance, and for that... my father was right." I say, "but he said another thing. A tiefling is a creature who may look innocent, but they sure know deep down how to manipulate a warm and tender heart because of their cold and lonely one, if you ever fall in the hands of a tiefling keep your guard up until you can trust him/her - "

"Be quiet with what your father tells you Ashe, the road for that has long ended... it's a future that we hold together now.." Verece answers holding my small soft hands in his own, "I was told the same thing except to love all, regardless of race, gender and anything in between. But as much as I keep it in the back of my head there's still so many things out there that don't need love. I may sound heartless saying that. But I've been hurt one too many times when I was a boy. I'm a man now Ashe, and you should grow up too. become the lady you've wanted in your own regards, do you really think the gods hear your prayers, or do they toss it aside and do nothing, do you really think this life of a cleric is for you? you're a noblewoman Ashe, and to be fair. I should have been a noble too, if my old parents didn't let me down and choose the weaker twin... but you here, I forget that I don't need them to live and love, I need you."

he wraps his arms around me as I do the same... my eyes were truly open... the gods couldn't hear what i was saying could they, but I still had a sliver of belief and I needed to tell the group about everything.. Looking over Verece's shoulder I saw a rotten unstable desk but yet still stable enough for me to write upon, I notice paper and a ink pot and quill, my handwriting was rather neat so i was allowed to use one rather than a using a scribe. I thought for a moment before smiling and resting my head more on Verece who rests on me...

Time passes and i'm still hugging Verece, it wasnt my fault he was extraordinarily comfortable. He smiles as i almost fall asleep on him. He taps my shoulder gently and i sit up, resting my eyes upon his own as he shows me a gentle smile as he allows me to stand. Laying my feet on the ground, i decide to let go of my beloved and make my way to the desk. I sit down, taking a deep breath to steady my trembling hands. I dip the quill into the ink pot and begin to write a message to my companions, hoping they would understand the turmoil I was going through.

"My dearest friends,I hope this message finds you well and safe. I find myself in a state of confusion and darkness, torn between love and the path of righteousness. The castle we now inhabit bears witness to the struggle within me, as its twisted halls mirror the torment in my soul.I have fallen under the sway of Verece, a necromancer with whom I share a complicated bond. He claims to love me, to cherish me, and yet his actions have brought me to the brink of despair. I stand here before you, my comrades, a shadow of my former self.But I implore you, do not abandon me in this time of need. I understand the risks and the doubts that may fill your hearts, but I beg for your trust and your guidance. Only together can we face the darkness that surrounds us, both within and without.I am wrestling with questions of my own identity and purpose. Seek out the matching symbol I have imprinted at the bottom of the letter on many a things scattered across the world. The gods may seem distant, but I still hold onto a glimmer of hope. I believe that love can overcome even the most daunting obstacles. And it is love, in its purest form, that I wish to find and share with all of you.Verece and I stand at the crossroads of our fates. Will we succumb to the darkness that threatens to consume us, or will we rise above it, united in love and understanding? The answer lies not only within us but within the bonds we have forged as a group.I beseech you, my dear friends, to join us in this struggle. Bring your strength, your wisdom, and your unwavering faith in one another. Let us face the challenges ahead, not as adversaries, but as a united force, forged in the fires of love and friendship.Awaiting your response with hope in my heart,Ashentai Asevolt"With a mix of anticipation and trepidation, I fold the parchment and seal it with a wax stamp bearing the emblem of our adventuring party. Turning to a crow on the windowsill I tie the letter to the crow and watch it fly off. Together, we rise, hand in hand, ready to face whatever trials await us.Little did I know that this would be the turning point in our journey—a moment where love, loyalty, and the power of friendship would be put to the ultimate test. But as I looked into Verece's eyes, I knew that no matter the outcome, our bond would endure.And so, with a mixture of fear and hope, we set off on a path that would challenge us both physically and emotionally. The fate of our souls, and perhaps the fate of the world, hung in the balance as we ventured forth, guided by love and a glimmer of light in the darkest of places.